Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maf translator help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maf translator help

Ijust did a bunch of mods to my car....226 cam...intake...tb...lt's...and i really need to tune my car but dont have the money to fork out for a dyno tune right now......how accurate can the car be tuned with one of these....is it better than a mail in tune? i just want sometime in the mean time till i dyno tune it
Old 01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO, you'd be much better off with a mail order tune that attempting to use a MAF translator. With a mail order tune, at least you'd be in the ballpark with your idle and driveability issues that the MAF translator won't touch. Of course you're going to want a real tune to get the most out of all the money you just spent on all those mods.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

what will the difference in hp and tq be between a mail order and a dyno...
Old 01-25-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every car is different, so it's impossible to tell what gains any mail order tune will get you. Bottom line, a dyno tune or tuning it yourself with HPTuners/EFILive etc. is going to net you the most power. A "good" mail order tune should get rid of some annoyances of running a cam on the stock tune, but it will not net you great gains in most cases. Will you gain power from a mail order tune?.....most likely, but not as much as a real tune. As far as the differences in power gains between the two, it's impossible to guess.....every car is different and responds differently to mods.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea im just worried about in the the mean time...but i think ill just save my money and get a dyno tune