PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a recent tune from Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a recent tune from Predator?

Just wondering if anyone has received any tune from Diablosport lately. I have had a request over there for awhile and havent been able to get in touch with John.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Default tune

I know how you feel, I have had a question posted on their custom tuning forum since Dec. 2005, and I havent had a single reply. I need a custom tune pretty soon and I am begining to get a little frustrated.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the comment. At least I know now that is isnt "just me" that they are overlooking. Have you been able to make contact with anyone there? I am not sure if John works there anymore, since he isnt on the contact list anymore. I havent gotten a response from an email I sent to James...
Old 02-05-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Default tuning

I havent tried any other way to contact them YET. I just posted a few times in different parts of the custom tuning forum, but no responces yet. I would be pissed if I couldnt get any more tuning from them. Thats $400 down the tube.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Sorry you guys are having troubles, I no longer work for RWTD. Please call them at the shop at 251-479-9451. Someone should be able to give you some input on what is going on. Good luck!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone have any luck yet??? Im still wainting too I have called and left messages for james ,left replys and NOTHING!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

GTO guys are having the same problem! RWTD
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57107
Old 02-28-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Still no luck here either.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:45 PM
BfB
Teching In

Originally Posted by GETSOMZ28
Just wondering if anyone has received any tune from Diablosport lately. I have had a request over there for awhile and havent been able to get in touch with John.
Robert,

Please check your thread on the support site, sir. I converted your tune over to an M6 file by easily overlaying it with my CMR software and then importing the changes (if you previously attempted to do such it doesn't seem like the tune you uploaded to me was a conversion).

I need more info on the car, and I made a request for that there.

Everyone, I appreciate your patience, and understand your concerns and frustrations. As John stated above, he does not work for RWTD any longer (he's venturing on his own, however we still remain friends as always). Originally I was doing all of the GM tuning, and then I hired John last year, who then took care of that side of the tuning business for me. Since he isn't with RWTD any longer then it is taking me some additional time to get caught up and also train my current employees to be qualified enough to handle requests along with me. I expect to have this resolved rather quickly, and I do greatly appreciate your patience with the delays.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please call the shop and ask for Ryan or myself. If I'm not available then Ryan will be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Sincerely...

Last edited by RWTD; 03-04-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RWTD
Robert,

Please check your thread on the support site, sir. I converted your tune over to an M6 file by easily overlaying it with my CMR software and then importing the changes (if you previously attempted to do such it doesn't seem like the tune you uploaded to me was a conversion).

I need more info on the car, and I made a request for that there.

Everyone, I appreciate your patience, and understand your concerns and frustrations. As John stated above, he does not work for RWTD any longer (he's venturing on his own, however we still remain friends as always). Originally I was doing all of the GM tuning, and then I hired John last year, who then took care of that side of the tuning business for me. Since he isn't with RWTD any longer then it is taking me some additional time to get caught up and also train my current employees to be qualified enough to handle requests along with me. I expect to have this resolved rather quickly, and I do greatly appreciate your patience with the delays.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please call the shop and ask for Ryan or myself. If I'm not available then Ryan will be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Sincerely...
I have called almost everyday for the last 2 1/2 weeks and most of the time 2-3 times a day and I can NEVER get past Weaver..I dont know if he dosent give the messages or whats going on?
Old 03-21-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got a new tune, but am unable to check it out til I get back from a deployment. They seem pretty responsive on the website now.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:14 AM
TECH Addict

I too have had a request on the Corvette board over there since Dec 05...
I sent a email to James this week and got a reply (I forgot to tell him my forum name over there), so I replied in kind thinking I was finally getting some where, I still have nothing.

I am happy with the Tune John did for me just after Katrina (gain of 8 HP and nailed the A/F), but waiting for questions to be answered since December to Mid April is pathetic. I only asked questions thus far leading up to the tune for the mods I am doing, so if I ask for the tune... man I will likely be out of my year envelope for that...

"Customers who have or will purchase their SCT Xcal2 or DiabloSport Predator from RWTD will receive unlimited custom tunes (within reason; see below) for a period of 1 year from date of purchase. Your support account will be tagged from the date you purchase the tuning hardware from RWTD."

3 months of my year ownership is wasted, moving on into month 4. Will a second tune be forthcoming? Inquiring minds want to know.

Probably no big deal to them, but I will pull pulling the RWTD from my sig soon.
No sense in trying to help them out with business, if they don't want mine.

Beer
Old 04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RWTD
Thanks!
Sincerely...
If you could take the time to post that here then why not in the most important place on the tuning site ? It would have done alot more good there instead of being burried in a post here. Atleast we know what's going on now.

John, damn you for leaving -lol. I was very happy with the tuning you did for me and the QUICK response. I'd get my tune back within hours of posting the request. In all seriousness it's too bad you are no longer there, they obviously lost thier most valuable employee. Best of luck to you in your new venture!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea RWTD went to hell when John left. You can't get them to do anything now! My dad has been waiting over 4 months to get a tune for his GTO. They keep breaking promises after promises. RWTD!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah it suxs RWTD "employee" don't sell tunes out the back door anymore
Old 04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

In case some of you aren't already aware, James and Ryan are getting caught up.
I received my tune file this afternoon from James.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

I have a dialog going with James now on what I want to do. As long as they keep checking the forums over there, hopefully the lack of service for us cyber customers is over.

Beer
Old 04-19-2006, 06:56 PM
9 Second Club

RWTD, "I dont know what those people are doing down there." I am sick of those people pulling my chain. They seem to tell me every night my tune will done and I get nothing. What kind of business are they running! Its been 3 weeks. If they ask me question about the car, I answer that day or get them info they need and then never hear from them until I start calling them. I hear there busy but this is ridiculous. I wouldn`t be so bad if they didn`t lie to me 3 nights in a row and say it would be availble. I just want my money back. I would rather give to a business that can supply something other than B-S. You people that use these guys good luck. I am tired of the lies.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

My brother got a tune from the Diablo guys about a month ago.

But, that was because they used his Trailblazer SS as a Beta vehicle. Gained over 30 rwhp, bone stock. Not too shabby.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silverTA2002
My brother got a tune from the Diablo guys about a month ago.

But, that was because they used his Trailblazer SS as a Beta vehicle. Gained over 30 rwhp, bone stock. Not too shabby.
Off topic, but I'd really like to see the dyno graph on that. There are vendors promising as much as 40 hp gains on the TBSS with mail order tunes, but no one has actually posted a graph. There is one that LS1speed tuned that dynoed 323rwhp 336rwtq stock and 331rwhp 344rwtq tuned which seems much more believable.