PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive vs HPT, Owners of both Thread Pic Proof Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFILive vs HPT, Owners of both Thread Pic Proof Needed.

Alright this is the thread that i described in my last post in one of the bound to be locked by now HPT vs EFI threads.

Mods: Delete all posts without a picture of both cables side by side, or the reciepts. Also plz dont close the thread no matter how bad it gets, please just delete the posts.

You have to have owned both products to post.

dont have a pic or reciept of one or both, tough luck. (I always save my reciepts, why dont yall) Hptuners should be able to send you a new receipt if you dont have it; same thing with EFI Live.

PM me if you think someone needs to be looked into because there proof looks shady, keep bs of that nature out of the thread.

you cant please everyone so lets not plan on trying.

Post which one you like better, why and if you are a EFI or HPT convert? Also, approximate version numbers would be good?

Lets try to keep this thread on topic, if it turns out to be an all EFI thread so be it, if it turns out to be all HPT so be it. I hope its a mix like all the EFI vs HPT threads claim.

If you bought EFI, you should explain if it was worth the extra, and explain why?

Score
HPT: 0
EFI: 0
as of 10:20pm on Feb. 11/2006

Comments or Suggestions PM: SPENSER309

try to keep comments and suggestions about how to do this out of the thread from now on. I may post up some of the suggestions or comments, if it seems there neccesary or if i would like yall to decide what to do.

Thanks PSJ, and all other mods for everything you have done to keep this thread clean and purpose filled.

In closing, this is a mature board and this thread could and will prob shift sales of both products. If owners of either company have a complaint against a person posting who shouldn't, or have blatent repeatable proof to the contrary of an argument. PM me, im completely unbiased and am not a mod, so its impossible for me to try to hide your new Thread about how such and suches post is completely wrong. However, Unproveable, unrepeatable and changes for the purpose of pleasing this thread should be avoided and will not be posted on your behalf.

Last edited by Spenser309; 02-11-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see one problem here, how can we post receipts? All is done by internet for one and for two, what if you used someone else's card cause you don't have a credit card? What about the customers that USED to own one product and then sold it for the other or traded it in? They should qualify as well.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:45 PM
FormerVendor

I so am gonna post my pic in a hour or so when i get back home
Old 02-11-2006, 09:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

... with a newspaper in the frame too, showing your city name.

Hehe... and so it continues.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
... with a newspaper in the frame too, showing your city name.

Hehe... and so it continues.
LOL. Thats funny.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default PROS and CONS, SUGGESTED USERS GUIDE

This is the blatently proved facts about each product. Posted below is the user and there facts. PM me if youd like to make a user.

USER 1
EFI Live
Pros

Cons
More expensive

HP Tuners
Pros
Less Expensive

Cons

USER 1: Spenser Gilliland, will prob tune his car maybe a few others to pay for the tool. Would like a strong upgrade path in case of a good side job taking off. Is a cheapscape, will go with whatever is good but is not buggy, and lacking CS. Has $675 saved for the purchase but can get more if needed. He wants to go the N20 route with a dry 400shot(eventually).

Last edited by Spenser309; 02-11-2006 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Changed to a more informative format to promote the better use of this forum.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you cant please everyone so lets not plan on trying.

dont have a pic or reciept of one or both, tough luck. (I always save my reciepts, why dont yall) Hpt should be able to send you a new receipt if you dont have it same thing with EFI Live. PM me if you think someone needs to be looked into because there proof looks shady, keep bs of that nature out of the thread.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PSJ can you delete the last few posts. just to keep this thing clean, i added alil information to my first post, anything else that needs to be added, would be best to be pmed.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This is absolutley ridiculous.

Every single time a poll is posted HP Tuners comes out on top, and yet the same crap from the SAME people has to happen all over again..

Read the "offical" thread.. It's the same few people who reply over and over again trying to BIAS the community. A post that has 108 replies, and more than 25% of those replies are by the same two people.

It's getting old.

Last edited by Magnus; 02-11-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Magnus
This is absolutley rediculous.

Every single time a poll is posted HP Tuners comes out on top, and yet the same crap from the SAME people has to happen all over again..

Read the "offical" thread.. It's the same few people who reply over and over again trying to BIAS the community.

It's getting old.

Wheres your PIC?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

EFILIVE Gets My Vote.

I originally purchased LS1edit back in mid 2003 and used it in conjunction with EFILive Scanner to tune my car. After seeing HPT praised on the forums I decided to trade in my LS1Edit for HPT Dec 16th, 2004. At this time, EFILive FlashScan wasn't yet available to the public and I was looking toward the features in 2.0 that were supposed to be out a month later (Jan. 2005). Going from LS1Edit to HPT was a night and difference.

After Jan. came and went I was a little upset that 2.0 wasn't out and started to find a few small bugs in the scanner. No big deal as those things were bound to happen. I emailed support to be basically told it wasn't their problem it was in the laptop. I still used EFILive to scan as it was a better tool and never experienced the same problems.

February 2005 rolls around and EFILive has introduced their product by now. After downloading the Demo, I was amazed at the ease of use and functionality of it. Wanting to still hold off and see what the new 2.0 had to offer, I patiently waited. I noticed a few things in the live program that I thought would be really handy and beneficial, so I emailed support again to be told, those are need to tune. Wait a min, am I the customer??? That didn't settle with me to well but I let it go.

April 2005 rolls around and I still had nothing on when 2.0 would be released as well as it seemed no customer support. The replies I did receive seemed like they didn't care and were sometimes a few days after the fact. Finally seeing Live updates their software many times since its release and the praise the users were giving it as well as the customer service, I decided to sell my HPT cable.
Link1
Link2

redtail2426 bought it from me as you can see from his sig, he has HPT.

I immediately purchased Live the day I sold my HPT cable. I am working on a receipt as I can't find mine, but there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind that I own this.

Ever since that day I can honestly say that EFILive has been the best investment I have ever made. The number 1 thing that makes it better and well worth every penny extra that it costs, the customer service. The reason EFILive has more PIDS and tables is because we as the user base can ask for something if we think or know it is available, but can't yet see it. It has been proven time and time again. Sometimes it may be in the next release or it may be a few down the line. They always have strived to do what we the customers want in a product.

Since they came into the market, they have done just what they said they would do, make the best tuning program available. From day one to now, if you look back you can see how many times in a year they update the software with new features for us. It isn't once a year like you receive with HPT. If they tell you a day or a general timeframe, you can bet they will make it. The thing that got me with HPT was the "soon and almost". Just be honest with the customer is any of us ask.

Here is just a few of the benefits with live.
Custom OS's. This includes 1bar/2bar/3bar+extra tables and functions not available in HPT.
Scanner/Tuner that are linkable. Every try to look at a chart and put it in a table? Live highlights the cells in the scanner so you don't have to do the guess work. Almost every aspect of EFILive's scanner is hands down superior to HPTs. Due to the layout and design it is friendlier and easier to use.
Search feature - Ever see HPT posts and they try to tell a new user what table to look at? You will see like Engine - Airflow - General Airflow - VE Table Primary... Man, for a new user that is a lot to take in. If you need help all we have to tell you is go to B0101. That will take you directly to that table without having to figure out what is going on.

I can go on and on about why I feel EFILive is better then HPT. Here is something else to consider as I hope to find one in this thread. Has anyone ever heard of an EFILive user selling it for HPT?

Live Receipt

Last edited by Black02SS; 02-11-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

This is absolutley ridiculous.

Read the "offical" thread.. It's the same few people who reply over and over again trying to BIAS the community. A post that has 108 replies, and more than 25% of those replies are by the same two people.

It's getting old.
Hey Keith, we didn't start this thread.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

This is absolutley rediculous.

Read the "offical" thread.. It's the same few people who reply over and over again trying to BIAS the community.

It's getting old.
I don't usually bother posting over here cause these all seem to go the same way. As you can see by my tiny post count I'm not one of the cheerleaders

I think it is fair to say that both EFILive and HP Tuners have their hardcore supporters which is absolutely to be expected. It seems somewhat redundant to me that you would bother making a statement given that (from what I understand) you have a direct interest in HP Tuners. Hardly surprising what would recommendation is going to be.

Polls like statistics don't sway me one way or another. The fact that HP Tuners allegedly (I haven't looked in to this) wins the polls is completely irrelevant. I'm sure more people own a Corvette than a Ferrari, but does that make the Corvette the better car? Perhaps I can predict the answer given this is an LS1 based forum . But hopefully you see my point.

I think the bottom line is that both products do a similar job at the end of the day. Each probably has its own distinct advantages and at the same time disadvantages. There is a lot more to any product selection than the base product. Support, responsiveness etc. all "should" play a hand in final product selection.

Everyone just has to choose if they want an apple or an orange.

Choose well...

Cheers,
Old 02-11-2006, 10:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Look at this thread. Its already on track to follow the same statistics as the other thread.

Same two people, more than 25% of the posts with inaccurate information.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Look at this thread. Its already on track to follow the same statistics as the other thread.

Same two people, more than 25% of the posts with inaccurate information.
Keith, how can it be inaccurate? Was I or was I not a HPT customer?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you want to compare products in attempt to EDUCATE people who are uncertain which product to buy, you should be using the latest available products from both companies..
Old 02-11-2006, 11:04 PM
FormerVendor

Here is my contribution now what do you want to know exactly

Old 02-11-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

If you want to compare products in attempt to EDUCATE people who are uncertain which product to buy, you should be using the latest available products from both companies..
First of all we can't do that as not one user on here has really used both. Second, when they become available for normal users to purchase, I might upgrade my OTHER HPT cable I still have just to see if it is all that better. Your new interface as of right now only does one thing more then the available interface from EFILive and that is tune LS2/LS7 and Ford/Dodge that I could care less about. Its a GM site remember?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Here are some screenshots to help show some facts..

Note these screenshots are using HP Tuners software. HP Tuners software clearly has the most powerful compare feature available.

HP Tuners also has a more powerful and easier to use change log (History)

Only HP Tuners gives you 3 styles of navigation with modern toolbars.

HP Tuners VCM Suite also has a much easier to use help file system.

Those are just a few things that HP Tuners offers that you will not find anywhere else.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Keith, did you not see the first post. You aren't allowed in this thread this time. You have a INVESTMENT in HPT for one and I don't believe you own EFILive. You guys made the rules.