Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System Readiness Test - incomplete

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default System Readiness Test - incomplete

Anyone have an idea shy when running the system readiness test when connecting with EFILive I keep getting two incompletes.

Secondary Air system - Incomplete
Oxygen Sensor Heater - Incomplete

I have FLP LT Headers with the os2sims in back. I have read many posts about the o2 sensors not being to further down in the exhaust stream which is making it think its not hot enough.

I am using the original o2 sensors, does anyone make o2 sensors for LTHeaders?
Old 12-22-2002, 04:21 PM
wrencher

Default Re: System Readiness Test - incomplete

Do you have edit/ or a tuned pcm? deleted air pump? It will not pass post cat heater readiness tests with o2 simms.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do have ls1edit
I have not deleted the airpump

Ok at least I know what to expect.

The Secondary Air system passed just monday when I was doing some runs. Just was strange that after making some new changes this week with LS1Edit, the Secondary Air system failed.

Could there be a vacuum leak? I will check all lines tonight. Its running strong, I just want to make sure that when I get inspected I have no problems. On the SLP board one of the members said he was a inspector and said "The 2001-up cars can have 1 "not ready", while the 1996-2000 cars can have 2."

So does incomplete = not ready?
Old 12-23-2002, 03:42 PM
Oz Director

Reload you stock program, and if the secondary pump pass the test then, LS1EDIT is corrupting some file it you PCM.
I found one so far, and the problem hasn't been recefied yet, sent the files to our Australia Support and they seem to haven't bother to reply and just forgot about it, great customer service, which stink.
So if the problem is resolve when running your Stock file, then send the file that is not work to Ken Kelly and as why.
I gave up month's again, waiting for a fix to my problem.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by wrencher:
<strong> It will not pass post cat heater readiness tests with o2 simms.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why not? How can the PCM tell the difference?

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: RPM WS6 ]</small>
Old 12-23-2002, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion.
I know ken reads the ls1edit@ls1edit.com messages. I will fire up an email there and see what they say.
I will also ping efilive and see what they say also.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kick_*ss:
<strong>So does incomplete = not ready?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

inc. means you haven't satified all the conditions needed to run the monitor. You have to know what conditions need to be met and then satisfy them. Some monitors have seemingly ridiculous conditions that need to be met before they will run such as rev the engine 5 times and then go 43 MPH for 1 min. then decelerate or else the monitor won't run. If the monitor is inc and you subsequently meet ALL the conditions and it passes it will switch to OK.
Old 12-25-2002, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got this from EFILive support, figured I would post it so every gets the benefit of the information.

I am going to check now to see if LS1Edit also resets these codes and data. If so, then just run the test and make sure not to flash the PCM or reset the codes with EFILive before going to the emessions place.

If you have cleared Diagnostic Trouble Codes using EFILiveV5 then all the emission related on-board test results are also reset to incomplete. The following actions are performed when EFILiveV5 clears DTCs:

a. Clear number of diagnostic trouble codes.
b. Clear diagnostic toruble codes.
c. Clear trouble code for freeze frame data.
d. Clear freeze frame data.
e. Clear oxygen sensor test data.
f. Reset status of system monitoring tests. (System Readiness Tests)
g. Clear on-board monitoring test results. (Non-Continuously Monitored systems and pending trouble codes)

You will need to perform the GM OBDII drive cycle a number of times to have these tests re-performed and the reuslts stored in your PCM.
The GM OBDII drive cycle is displayed here:
http://www.starrperformance.com.au/e.../srt_index.htm

Quick Reply: System Readiness Test - incomplete