PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a full tuning suit good for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is a full tuning suit good for me?

I just got my TR224 cam in yesterday and was thinking about buying HPtuners. My question is, i've never used a tuning suit before, should I buy it? I've got a snap-on scanner and use it alot to trouble shoot, but i want to make sure that with hptuners I am changing everything correctly. Is hptuners for a 1st timer user friendly? I can take it to a local shop and have a tune done for around $400 (not a dyno tune), but i want to be able to change things later on as I get even more mods. Plus I have a 02 GTP I'd like to do some changes with also! What do you guys think? I sure dont want a handheld( tune in a can).
Old 02-26-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HPT is a nice program. If you have an A4, having the tuning suite is awesome because you can reprogram your transmission to shift the way you drive,
Old 02-26-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Ill Let You Know In A Few Days I Just Did A H\c Swap And Picked Up Hpt My Self Im Anxious To See How It Is To Use
Old 02-26-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

If you are willing to take the time to learn to tune, you can not go wrong purchasing a full blown tuning package.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
If you are willing to take the time to learn to tune, you can not go wrong purchasing a full blown tuning package.
werd...best money you'll ever spend tuned my 98 Z...and then tuned my 00' GTP with Hptuners.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

I'll take all the time it takes to learn, hell thats what cars are all about! I just want to know what should be changed and by how much. Does HPT walk me throught any of this or am I on my own? Basic changes im not worried about, I can handle that, just the more detailed ones. I want to make my 01 WS6 come alive!
Old 02-26-2006, 03:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by makWS6
I'll take all the time it takes to learn, hell thats what cars are all about! I just want to know what should be changed and by how much. Does HPT walk me throught any of this or am I on my own? Basic changes im not worried about, I can handle that, just the more detailed ones. I want to make my 01 WS6 come alive!
theres only so much they can legally advise you on because if you blow something up it would be on them...there are plenty of helpful people here & on the hptuners forum that can help you in most of what you do.