PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when changing to a SD OS...

Old 02-26-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when changing to a SD OS...

after the switch to a SD tune what happens to all the parts of the car...MAF is gone i know that...but what about the o2 sensors? are they worthless as well?
Any info on other sensors would be great as well.

Finally with this type of tune is it possible to pass emissions? all i get in IN is a plug and check the codes...

thanks
Louie
Old 02-26-2006, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by half-n-half
after the switch to a SD tune what happens to all the parts of the car...MAF is gone i know that...but what about the o2 sensors? are they worthless as well?
Any info on other sensors would be great as well.

Finally with this type of tune is it possible to pass emissions? all i get in IN is a plug and check the codes...

thanks
Louie

yes the maf is gone. the o2 senosrs are optional you can either use them or not (full Open Loop Speed density). You ar ein control of whether or not you pass emmisions
Old 02-26-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

ok here is why i ask...i am getting the damned o2 sensor not switching suffeciently codes for left and right banks....

i am not sure of the actual code..i can pull the codes tomorrow...but it is because of LT headers and a possible exhaust leak...

and i am sick of that ****..i would love to just somehow make them obsolete if that is a good idea.

Also i am assuming that it is ok to run it the same way after i go turbo...

thanks guys
Louie
Old 02-26-2006, 11:14 PM
FormerVendor

Do you plan on using a WB if so I would put the car into open loop while you are tuning it. If you would like I can get you started if you mail your tune to ldhasty at gmail dot com. If you have an exhaut leak you need to address that immediately as it will throw your WB off and give you inaccurate information pretty much making all your tuning sessions worthless.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like open loop myself like you say with no O2's.
Keep in mind that you will need a MUCH better job of tuning to run open-loop SD mode, so you'll need a wide-band and the will to spend the time working on the tune.
It's worth the trouble to me. You can have all the header leaks you want and never worry about fuel trims.
Using a wideband and a CTS tricker box is a good combination for managing an open-loop tune.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

ok guys well i have EFI live coming as well as a SD reprogrammed PCM. and an LC-1 that i can use to tune with.

Once it gets here i will start with it. what is everyones opinions on the autotune fuction that seems to work really well...?

Thanks
Louie
Old 02-28-2006, 08:57 AM
FormerVendor

Yup works well on the street and even better on a load dyno
Old 02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by half-n-half
ok guys well i have EFI live coming as well as a SD reprogrammed PCM. and an LC-1 that i can use to tune with.
Once it gets here i will start with it. what is everyones opinions on the autotune fuction that seems to work really well...?
It has an autotune function that works with a wide band?
damn, it's definately worth it then.

I would take advantage of that to get you close, then make the small changes yourself until it's perfect.

Does this thing adjust the VE table only, or will it do your coolant correction table as well for warm-up?

Search this Thread