Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC-1 in a new bung question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC-1 in a new bung question

When installing a LC-1 wideband sensor in a new bung location. After calibration, can you leave the sensor in the bung permanently? Or is it required that after logging/tuning is finished, you remove the sensor and plug the bung?
Old 02-28-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can do both, personally, I would only keep it installed when you are logging. But if you have a gauge, (like the XD1 or dynotune.org one) then I would keep it connected all the time.

Ryan
Old 02-28-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can leave it there as long as you leave it powered. It needs to be powered else it will get damaged.

I have my wideband permanently installed, even though I dont read from it all the time.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ringram
You can leave it there as long as you leave it powered. It needs to be powered else it will get damaged.

I have my wideband permanently installed, even though I dont read from it all the time.
Same here...XD-1 (or XD-16 apparently according to Innovate lately) is going on this weekend, but mine has been installed for many miles with nary a problem. I do have the HBX-1 on order though due to how close I keep my sensor to the header collectors.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ringram

Ok, thanks. So as long as its all wired up it'll be good to go. Then I can just plug it into the EFILive interface when I'm ready to start logging?