PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Log LTIT and STIT with HPTuners??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to Log LTIT and STIT with HPTuners??

I have sent emails to HPTuners and posted to the HPTuners web site with no luck. There were absolutely no responses from the emails that I sent to HPTuners. The post had some generalities on how to do it, mainly see the help file. The help file isn't that helpful, at least for me. I am hoping someone here can tell me blow by blow what I am doing wrong.....

When I tried to scan the car, I get the grey screen saying that the parameters aren't supported.

PID is idle desired airflow.
X header is idle startup friction airflow initial vs ECT
Plot filtering I used 2229.met

Any suggestions??? Oh yes, I am using version 2.1.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 03-08-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you add the PIDs you're wanting to scan to the Table display (any pids you want to scan and show in the histogram MUST be in the table display ... some instances you may have to remove logged items in order to have enough space for logging)

If you don't see the items in the table display you can't use them in the histogram...

Other than that I'm not sure what you're asking.... To log LTIT and STIT you just add them to the table display (w/stock display will require removing some PIDs... )

Or do you mean that you're trying to use the Idle Airflow - Desired Airflow histogram? (PIDs are the individual logged items... PID values then then plotted on histograms)

Edit:
ok... i think i see what you're saying... wasn't very clear what you were trying to do in your post...

You are using the Idle Airflow - Desired Airflow Histogram (included with package)
This histogram tries to plot Idle Desired Airflow (PID called Idle Desired Airflow)

You have to then add the appropriate Idle PIDs to the table display (per the help file, anything logged in histogram display must be in the table display) ... so add the PID Idle Desired Airflow to your table display and should be fine

Last edited by horist; 03-08-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Horist!!!! I really appreciate it, it works fine now, didn't realize that I had to add to the table also.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
did you add the PIDs you're wanting to scan to the Table display (any pids you want to scan and show in the histogram MUST be in the table display ... some instances you may have to remove logged items in order to have enough space for logging)

If you don't see the items in the table display you can't use them in the histogram...

Other than that I'm not sure what you're asking.... To log LTIT and STIT you just add them to the table display (w/stock display will require removing some PIDs... )

Or do you mean that you're trying to use the Idle Airflow - Desired Airflow histogram? (PIDs are the individual logged items... PID values then then plotted on histograms)

Edit:
ok... i think i see what you're saying... wasn't very clear what you were trying to do in your post...

You are using the Idle Airflow - Desired Airflow Histogram (included with package)
This histogram tries to plot Idle Desired Airflow (PID called Idle Desired Airflow)

You have to then add the appropriate Idle PIDs to the table display (per the help file, anything logged in histogram display must be in the table display) ... so add the PID Idle Desired Airflow to your table display and should be fine
Ok , well I am a serious noob to this and I am also having trouble setting this up. I think that my problem is that the names for the tables that are being used do not match the names for what they are called in the software.

I do not see a pre-setup histogram called "Idle Airflow - Desired Airflow". Could I get a step by step on setting this up please telling what to click? In the Tuning for Dummies tutorial sticky in the HPT website forum, I have been following the steps. I skipped the step for logging the LTIT and STIT and went straight to VE tuning. It is running way better already. Will the STIT and LTIT adjustments effect the VE tuning that I have already done?

But please give a step by step to setup up the table or just post the table so that we can copy it. Sorry that I am such a noob to this.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the Idle airflow-desired airflow histogram has been included since 2.0.13ish under the histogram folder...if your not sure how to find folders on your computer you might want to open the windows help file.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, after downloading ver 2.1.6 I am now able to see STIT and LTIT in the PID's. I am trying to create a custom histogram that adds these 2 values togother. I have added both to my table but the LTIT p/n AC off holds at zero. It doesn't move. So problem one is, what am I doing wrong here?

When creating the custom histo, I have gone in and created the custom PID that adds the STIT and LTIT together but I am not sure what to use for the X header. I know that I need ECT but when I add the ECT PID to the x header, I don't get cells across the top of the histo that show the different temperature points.

Quick Reply: How to Log LTIT and STIT with HPTuners??