PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-Ls1 97 stratus P0125 (coolant) help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Non-Ls1 97 stratus P0125 (coolant) help?

i have a 97 stratus with a 2.5l v6, but more importantly i have a code. on the trouble shooting it says "the pcm has determined that the amount of time it took for the coolant temperature sensor to reach an input value consistent with closed loop operation was too excessive."

autozone was speachless on this code. last code i got was for over heating, change the t-stat and it was good for a while. i think my car had low anti-freeze when i got this code but it took for ever for my engine temp to get up for a week or 2 when the code was on until finally it started over heating and then the coolant light came on after that. so its possibly from low coolant but why would it take so long to get up to temp? is there a sensor problem here possibly? thanks. -ls1 owner, non-ls1 problems.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the new T-Stat the same as the original? or is it an aftermarket stat?

On my GTP... going from stock to a 160, would set a similar (maybe even same) code because it took so long to heat up enough to enter closed loop.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well im pretty sure its stock set up. i didnt ask for a 160. but this is a possibility, im not positive but i think i am loosing anti-freeze somewhere so that wouldn't solve my problem, just make it better. thanks for the post though.