Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Advanced" Predator/A4 tranny tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Advanced" Predator/A4 tranny tuning

I've got an '04 GTO and the auto tranny is very reluctant to kick down unless you totally floor it. Especially trying to go from 2nd to 1st at say 15-20 MPH, forget about it. I have a Predator but I'm not sure how the upshift/downshift settings work for part throttle situations. Basically I want to edit the %tps vs. shift speed curves in the PCM so the car will downshift better at part throttle. I've attached a pic of the shift curves I'm talking about--the bottom graph is the crappy stock programming and the top graph is one that someone reworked with tuning software to get more responsive transmission behavior.

How, exactly, does the Predator "downshift speed" setting work in relation to the downshift/speed curves in the PCM? Does it adjust the whole shift curve across the %tps axis (good), or does it just move the right-side endpoint of the shift curve (not much use for what I want)?

Wish I had real tuning software but I just can't handle the combined cost of the software plus the cost of the laptop to run it.
Attached Thumbnails "Advanced" Predator/A4 tranny tuning-shifttbl.jpg