Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help fast //please//// read//////////

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help fast //please//// read//////////

i took my 00 t/a to kcir this weekend.. weird problem. the car ran completely fine for the first 10 passes. and then. i launced and it shut off. not killed it but shut off.. the lights would reset and come back on.it was like somebody was holding the batt cable and disconecting it. i checked the batt cable and made about one turn on it..it was fine for two more passes and then it did it again. its just like turning the key on.. all the lights come on. it did it a couple of times like that in a row......
Old 03-12-2006, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

oopss. i accidentally hit enter... anyway.. i have a nx system with a bottle heater and a custom switch in the ash tray.. i used the cigerate lighter for the main power. could the pull to much off the that and reset the whole system... i need a little help. here.. thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by project nightmare
oopss. i accidentally hit enter... anyway.. i have a nx system with a bottle heater and a custom switch in the ash tray.. i used the cigerate lighter for the main power. could the pull to much off the that and reset the whole system... i need a little help. here.. thanks
The cigerete lighter has a fuse at the end of your dash board, if you were taking too much power from this it would blow the fuse. So i dont beleive taking too much power from there would shut the car down.

Have you tried a few passes without the bottle power? Just to totally elimiate it.

Next I would try a different battery, as I have one handy, if something is breaking down in the battery and not connecting to the external terminals then I guess it would do this too, but then you would have trouble starting the car.

Check the cables more from the battery, and if poss swap out the battery and dont run anything from the cigatette lighter and see what you get.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah unless he is running a mega AMP fuse for ciggy. They are probably pretty hefty amperage anyway. Might have just drained the battery more than the alternator could recharge in such a short time.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

I have seen a 4th gen's aftermarket battery (a little smaller than stock) have just enough play that when he launched it rocked back to the AC accumualtor and short. Everything went black he said. We saw the arc marks on the accumulator and got a bunge cord and it held in place. Just food for thought.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a remote battery in the rear, and had the same prob. turned out it was arcing on the swaybar mounts.

but another guy called me while i was trying to figure it out and said that his was shorting against his starter. it ended up frying it and took him a long time to fix.
Just look at the starter wire and tighten it up if need be.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

i thought it might be from the bat moving and arching. but then it did it have track whiles shifting into forth..MMMMMMMMMMm?????????
Old 03-13-2006, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

thanks everybody..i found the problem... the bracket thats holds the batt in place has broken. it was arching on acumilator.. thanks again.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Sweet! Glad you found the problem. Now what is / was your solution? My bottom bracket broke a long time ago and I just a short bungee cord and fastened it in place. I got some black stereo / wiring ribbed molding to camoflauge the ghetto fix bungee.