PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need a tune?

Old 03-12-2006, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need a tune?

Dont know if this is the right post,but anyway heres my problem.Back in early november I had LT headers installed and ORY.Naturally my SES light stays on,then in late JAN maybe early FEB I had aTCI verter put in ran fine for 2-3 wks then one morning Istarted the car drove real funny SES light started blinking ran rough car was shaking strong gas extra raspy, popping in the rear (I also have a Loudmouth) more raspy than usualSo I floored to get to work then the light stoppped blinking.Then when I left work it did the same thing.Well that was 3 wks ago car ran perfect.Now this morning it did the same thing;well made it to work then when I started it the whole car was shaking put in drive real raspy popping in the rear SES started blinking so I floored it;blinking stopped same with shaking car runs perfect drove for half hour no problems;I thougt maybe tranny but shifting fine check the fluid that was fine too.What could it be? the car has never been tuned could that be the problem?

MODS:LT hedders,ORY,MTI lid TCI 3500-3800 stall
please help thanks John
Old 03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every car can benefit from a tune, even a bone stock car. but get a real tune, hptuners or ls1 edit, not a handheld junk tuner.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like you have more problems then needing a tune...start with checking your plugs/wires for missfire action.

Search this Thread