Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trex tune...can i borrow yours?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trex tune...can i borrow yours?

I need to take a look at a tune for a trex cam to get an idea on how it should look like. I started the car and the idle is all over the place. I took it out for a drive around the block and the car was surging, and once i drove it up the driveway the car could not stay at the stock idle and died on me. Basically at warm temperature the car dies as it cannot keep its idle.

This is my first time tuning a car with Hptuners 2.1 and I need as much help as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Teching In

I don't have a Trex, but I do have a large cam in my Z06. This last weekend I fixed the problem my car was having (just like yours) by adding ALOT of timing down low. My car now idles at 28-30*. You might try this and see if it helps.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

The link on redhardsupra's site also mentions of adding timing, so i will do that for idle tuning.

On another note, when tuning for WOT AFR via speed density with a wideband, the sticky on the forum says "Use wideband and PE table to dial in desired WOT AFR. (Optimum HP at WOT)". I found the table but is there a specific formual that needs to be used?