Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of power increase?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What kind of power increase?!

Got my car on a dyno for the first time after the rebuild. Mods are in the sig. It dynoed at 315 hp and 325 tq. The torque peaked around 4300 rpm and the guy doing the pull shut it down at 5700 rpm. He said it was really lean. The print out showed the AFR from 14.2 to 14.4 for entire length of the pull! (both pulls showed the same) My question is what kind of increase could I expect if a good tuner got his hands on it? TB is stock but I will be upgrading soon. An edcuated guess would be great! Thanks!

Mec
Old 03-13-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

how much knock retard were you getting? any idea of how much timing you were pulling?

w/that lean of AFR on your setup, i'd guess you were getting alot of timing being pulled (though i'm not very familiar w/the LT1 timing and knock retard tables... especially in a 94)

I'd guess you're leaving anywhere from 25-50rwhp on the table due to the lean condition (which is likely pulling a ton of timing or at minimum creating excessive cylinder heat)

but really depends on how much total timing you were getting and how much detonation .... an LT1 iron block will take the detonation w/out grenading easier.... but that lean of an AFR is definetly robbing a good amount of power i'd think.....
Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

I have a friend that ran a data log on a few trips around the block. Got on it a few times but I have not seen the data log. I will ask him for the info and post up.

Mec
Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking at your mods. with a better tune you could see yourself goin from 315 Hp up to 350ish. Plus might even sound better