Sponsored by:

LS2 Edit Lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 Edit Lock

Bear with me... not a tuner.
If I had my car tuned with LS2 edit I understand that other tuners with LS2 edit may be able to alter the file. But, can I flash it back to stock to reprogram for another motor possibly with another tuning platform? Does it have to be the original cable that tuned the car to begin with? Can I take the pcm to the dealer and have it put to stock and ready to accept whatever platform I choose?

I ask because there is a new motor in the car (bigger cubes) and I'm not sure the original tuner will be able to get to me. What are the options? Yes I know one is buy a new PCM, but I really don't like that one too much.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't seem to find the thread now... but there was a thread back when LS2 Edit was first being released in beta... There was something about when tuned with LS2Edit it changes the OS ID or Seed or something so that only LS2 Edit can read the tune... not sure if it's only LS2 Edit period or only the LS2 Edit that was used to program it....

There was mention that the original tuner could restore the stock .ls2 file (assuming they kept it) and then the PCM would be open for other tuning software to work on...

Hopefully someone can step up and confirm or deny this (or if anyone has that old thread bookmarked... Search only goes back to January )
Old 03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

So the original tuner has to do it or anyone with LS2edit and the stock file?