Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about 408 tune....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about 408 tune....

Well, I finally was able to write my new 408 tune to the car using my old MS3 stock head tune and ONLY changes the cylinder volume and adjusting the IFR for 42 lb injectors. So I start it up and it dies right away. Didnt even want to stay running when giving it gas. So I put the old MS3 tune back it and it starts up and idles perfect at 1100 rpms. So I allow it to idle for 10-15 minutes and right before I shut it off i give it a little gas and it kills instantly. LOL

Anyways why would the update tune with correct cylinder volume and IFR updates not run, but the old tune ran fine? (until i gave it gas)

Thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you do a full rewrite or a calibration only? If you did the full, then it needs to relearn its idle and stuff like that. Keep giving it gas and then try to let it idle, repeat this step until it can hold its own idle. Then start switching it between gear and neutral or park and let it learn this way before you take it for a drive.

Chris
Old 03-19-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrisj6
Did you do a full rewrite or a calibration only? If you did the full, then it needs to relearn its idle and stuff like that. Keep giving it gas and then try to let it idle, repeat this step until it can hold its own idle. Then start switching it between gear and neutral or park and let it learn this way before you take it for a drive.

Chris
I am using version 1.7.0 and I believe you can only do full rewrites. Beyond that I should have clarified a little better. The Car WILL NOT idle even if I try to keep it running with the gas pedal. So I assume its either getting too much gas or way to little. I am assuming that it is getting way too much gas with the new 42lb injectors and increasing the IFR table. So i assume I need to increase the values in the VE table to pull some fuel out and then try it again.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to tune for your 42lbs injectors. my car did the samething with svo 30lbs. it would die after 10 seconds of idle. then it was hard to restart. i changed the injector offset table and VE tables

Quick Reply: Question about 408 tune....