Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech Power Programmer III for 99 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hypertech Power Programmer III for 99 Z28

I helping a friend out with a programmer for his car. He has the hypertech power programmer III for 99 camaro Z28. It says that right on the box and the programmer. The part number is Hypertech 390752. If you search for this number under www.hypertech-inc.com, there's nothing. But if you search by car, you get Hypertech 30025.

When he plugs it into his car, the programmer can recognize the vehicle but cannot find the configuration of the PCM. He called hypertech and they are not willing to help because he is not the orginal owner of the programmer.

The programmer has been released from the original VIN#. I know because I witnessed it. My buddy just got the car a couple months ago and claims that its bone stock. If there was a factory update or a different program (like diablo sport or excalabrator) I'm thinking that the hypertech won't work. Anybody have a similar experience?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkichline
I helping a friend out with a programmer for his car. He has the hypertech power programmer III for 99 camaro Z28. It says that right on the box and the programmer. The part number is Hypertech 390752. If you search for this number under www.hypertech-inc.com, there's nothing. But if you search by car, you get Hypertech 30025.

When he plugs it into his car, the programmer can recognize the vehicle but cannot find the configuration of the PCM. He called hypertech and they are not willing to help because he is not the orginal owner of the programmer.

The programmer has been released from the original VIN#. I know because I witnessed it. My buddy just got the car a couple months ago and claims that its bone stock. If there was a factory update or a different program (like diablo sport or excalabrator) I'm thinking that the hypertech won't work. Anybody have a similar experience?
I had the same problem once mith my HPP3 for my old 98 LS1. I took my car in for some warranty work and the dealer updated the PCM. After that my hypertech would not read it. I called HPP3 and had to send it into them to get my HPP3 updated. That was like 6 years ago though and I was the original owner of the HPP3.. After the update it worked fine.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Power Programmer III for 99 Z28