Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Management ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Management ?

Will removing torque management on a stock A4 make my car significantly faster? (I don't really want firm shifts if my car still is as fast as before)

Or will it just firm up the shifts? ( I am assuming it has a different effect as opposed to increasing line pressure which only produces firmer shifts and nothing else).

I was wondering if anyone has done this to their car with a stock or mostly stock tranny and what you thought afterward.

How bad is removing the tq mgmt on a stock tranny if no track or racing? Will removing it produce any gain in speed?

THANKS!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had a problem with torque management in my previous car until I added the converter. Then it gave me fits and was an absolute MUST to have turned off. I don't think with a basically stock a4 that it will provide any performance increase by deleting it. If you are having torque managment intervene you will know it....trust me.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as mentioned, it really comes into play when a larger converter is added... on a stock car you'll feel it as firmer shifts, but doubtful you'll gain much if any in the 1/4 mile...