Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Postion Sensor Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Postion Sensor Code

I have my car at a shop getting heads,cam,headers,injectors. The shop is having a problem with the cam postion sensor throwing a code. They have check the wiring, changed sensor, changed cam, change computer, and nothing has worked!!! Any Ideas of what could be wrong???
Old 03-29-2006, 07:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did the code just appear out of nowhere? CASE learn maybe needs to be performed?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it a high signal error or low signal error?

I had a high signal error on the cam position sensor when my cam bolts looened and the cam walked backwards in the block about 1/4 inch. The cam sensor was no longer centered over the reluctor carved in the rearmost cam journal. Perhaps the shop did not install the timing set correctly or the bolts have loosened? Anything that would thrown the cam location off a little bit?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it's a high signal and they have change the cam like 3-4 times and it still throws the code. So it cannot be that the cam is sliding back or the bolts are loose. Its wierd because the guy at the shop said he spoke to some GM tech to see if they have had this problem before and they said it was pretty common, but GM would just tell them to replace the engine. Another thing is that they are also putting a double roller timing chain set on it, so if you have heard anything bad about that double roller chain.

Last edited by WICKEDSS; 03-29-2006 at 08:58 PM.