Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone help me please

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone help me please

Im a phucking retard and cant search worth a danm. I added LT headers to my truck, and will be going with a 3200 stall when the tranny gets here What do I need to adjust to tune for this? Im using HPtuners, I heard the only thing to adjust for for the converter is the lockup speed. Nothing else?? I also have heard the LT's will make it run ritcher?? What is a good A/F ratio to shoot for? I really appreciate the help. Thanks
Old 03-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Moderately Differentiated

richer? Hmmm. I forgot...are you FI...NA you should be shooting for 13:1 right? WOT.

You might get the oh so dreaded P1133 or some switching code...just turn them off. No performance issues with it.

That high of a stall might need to be handled a little more different than my 2800. I only messed with my lockups. But that high and depending on your cam there might be quiet a few other adjustments to be made...I would imagine your timing curve will change considerbly. The HP/TQ dip spot in your spark. What cam do you have? I am sure the "stall" guys will chime in!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I keep forgetting I cleaned up my sig. Its a 2000 Silverado Z-71. I have a LQ4 6l with a 223/226 .576/.574 112+4 cam motion cam in it. N/A, and thats pretty mutch it. I have an Ebay open element filter on it, just put teh Pacesetter LT's and off road Y pipe on it a few hours before I blew the tranny again. Its got electric fans and 8.1 30# injectors. I think thats pretty mutch it. I think its looking for 14.0 A/F, so it needs to be closer to 13.0 or so. After I feel like I have the tune close, Ill put it on the dyno with a wideband, but I want to get some good logs where Im comfortable. Even with the larget injectors Im still close to 98% injector duty cycle (I was about 127-132% with the 6l injectors) I guess going to the 13.0 a/f (that is leaner right) should help that too right?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:51 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Oh yea, I cant get the truck to run more than about 30 seconds in SD mode so Im still having trouble getting my fuel trims in order. I set the MAF fail frequency to 0, and it woll start fine, but after a few seconds it dies, and then will just crank and fire, but not run. If I do get it to run, the throttle input has no affect on the engine RPM. Like it has a mind of its own. Any tips with this? Ive ask on HPtuners.com a few times, but still having trouble getting in SD mode. BTW my MAF and IAT sensor are all in one, not seperate, so I cant actually unplug the MAF.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:41 AM

No way should you be out of injectors. Stock ones are good to 330 to 360ish HP I beleive. Your not FI, I have a hard time believing that 14 or even 13 is gonna make you 100% with 30lbers. Of course...I am not an expert...not even a shade tree mech...just like this stuff and I am learning everyday. Soemthing is screwy in your tune. Did HPT forum look at your tune? How did you do the motor swap? Just get a 6.0 .bin file and run with it. Going to larger injectors will put alot of fuel in at idle...making it incredibly hard to run if it is too much. Only does this when you go into SD though? What are you commanding when you go into open loop? If it's too rich of a command with too much injector already...hence too much fuel. I haven't experienced it myself but have read many threads of looking lean down low with big injectors but actually being pig rich because the fuel is puddling and fooling the sensors.

No, going lower in the afr means going richer. 13 is air "parts" to 1 fuel "part", so less air more fuel. You don't have a WB? What's your NB's saying at WOT? Try to get one of the greats on here to take a peak at your tune...the injector stuff is over my head.

What's your IFR table look like? You are return fuel system eh...2000?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Im definatly no expert, but acording to a few different engine calcs, Im about 450HP at the motor? Seemed high to me. I wasnt able to get in SD with the 5.3 injectors eigther. And I did correct for the larger injectors, so that should be OK. Ive had a few guys at HPt.com look at the tune and scans usually all I get back is "your tune is off". But Im still a newbie at this tuning stuff, and dont know where or what way to adjust, hell I dont always even know what to adjust Right now th etruck is down with a fried tranny, my laptop decided not to run the scanner anymore, and I just put LT's on there. So hopefully in th enext week or so, Ill be able to get some good logs.

Also whats a good A/F ratio to look for?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:13 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Youre way over my head (probably because I havent even looked at HPt since I fried my tranny a couple of weeks ago)

Do you have HPT? If so, would you mind taking a look ath my tune? Also as far as the stock bin for a 6l, I doubt it would stay running with the cam?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by white1
Youre way over my head (probably because I havent even looked at HPt since I fried my tranny a couple of weeks ago)

Do you have HPT? If so, would you mind taking a look ath my tune? Also as far as the stock bin for a 6l, I doubt it would stay running with the cam?
Oh your right, it wouldn't run or at the least barely run. Sure I'll look at it. Curious...what user names looked at your tune and only said "your tune is off"? You can email that answer and your tune (HPT here) to me at deweygibson@deweygibson.com for obvious reasons. cam, stock 6.0, LT's...450 does seem quiet high, but hey...never know. People aren't getting 500 with a radix, and all you have is a cam and LT's. Did you do the spring job as well? That 13.7 @ 96 was with the 5.3 right? What's your weight? 4800?

My experience being limited I will be able to see what I know, again is limited...but I'll help with what I can...you drive a truck! Can't just sit back and not try to help! LOL I have never tuned my truck while it was NA. Only blown.

With your email...a list of events with your tuning and mods. Interested in what changes happenend when you noticed your "driveability issues. Weather different now...didn't change any airflow tables for idle did ya?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a stab in the dark since you're not running a wideband, try taking 25% off of your back-up VE table and then trying to run it in SD mode and see if it improves any.
If it does then it would become clear what the problem is.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Oh your right, it wouldn't run or at the least barely run. Sure I'll look at it. Curious...what user names looked at your tune and only said "your tune is off"? You can email that answer and your tune (HPT here) to me at deweygibson@deweygibson.com for obvious reasons. cam, stock 6.0, LT's...450 does seem quiet high, but hey...never know. People aren't getting 500 with a radix, and all you have is a cam and LT's. Did you do the spring job as well? That 13.7 @ 96 was with the 5.3 right? What's your weight? 4800?

My experience being limited I will be able to see what I know, again is limited...but I'll help with what I can...you drive a truck! Can't just sit back and not try to help! LOL I have never tuned my truck while it was NA. Only blown.

With your email...a list of events with your tuning and mods. Interested in what changes happenend when you noticed your "driveability issues. Weather different now...didn't change any airflow tables for idle did ya?
\

Ill get it coming in a few. Thanks Yea, I have some 918's in there too, and FMS pushrods. I have a few bolt ons, but Ive done to the motor is the cam. Just so were on the same page I was talking at the fly wheel. The truck weighs about 5100 with me in it. The 13.7 @ 9x was with the 6l a 3000 stall, and no headers.

A friend of mine who went in on the HPt purchase did a lot of the tuning (I got locked up for contempt the day after HPT came in so he did a lot of research) Im not real sure what he initially changed. The only driveability issues I have is at initial start up when its cool outside (not really sure if it does it when its warm outside yet)
Old 03-30-2006, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by white1
\

Ill get it coming in a few. Thanks Yea, I have some 918's in there too, and FMS pushrods. I have a few bolt ons, but Ive done to the motor is the cam. Just so were on the same page I was talking at the fly wheel. The truck weighs about 5100 with me in it. The 13.7 @ 9x was with the 6l a 3000 stall, and no headers.

A friend of mine who went in on the HPt purchase did a lot of the tuning (I got locked up for contempt the day after HPT came in so he did a lot of research) Im not real sure what he initially changed. The only driveability issues I have is at initial start up when its cool outside (not really sure if it does it when its warm outside yet)
About 450 to 460 at the fly and 390 at the wheels. If you trust those calculators!

I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow morning. Finishing up editing a hockey video I am making.