PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help tried to restore factory tune with Diablo car wont run

Old 04-02-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help tried to restore factory tune with Diablo car wont run

OK here it goes, I put the tune on my 02 Z28 that came with the diablo, then after the tune was loaded, I decided I'm gonna disabled the torque management while I got the thing plugged up. I finished and started the car and drove it for a few hours last night just goin hangin around town with friends and all that. This morning I went to work with no problems. Everything was working fine the car felt strong and shifted better now that the TM was off cause it would kinda bog a little cause of the converter. But there was nothing wrong with the car NOTHING I say lol. Now this is where the sh** hits the fan... today I got off work and plugged the tuner back up cause i wanted to put the factory tune back on the car cause i was going to go to the track tomorrow for test and tune and compare the stock setting with the new setting. I went to restore factory tune, follwed the instructions to the letter now, and at the end of its cycle it said tuning error or something to that affect. I tried again and it said VIN # not found, this can't be good. After it says that it says this vehicle is not programmed properly would you like to restore factory settings? YES!, it goes through its cycle and says something like File Checksum error i think?.? The i tried starting her up and she just spun over like she was either out of gas or not getting a spark. I went to the diagnostics section and it said communication error or something and asked if the ignition was turned on which it was. After several more attempts I tried pulling fuses, disconnecting the battery, and she still just spins over, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!?!?! I am a carburator man i can tune my cutlass by ear and a vacuum guage, this is way over my head, I did everything it said to do exactly, no one could of followed instructions as good as I did when i installed it, I read the manual cover to cover and did what it said. Please help me if anyone can.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to here that. You need to contact the dealer where you got handheld from, or better yet the manufacturer directly.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

you think there is something wrong with the tuner itself?
Old 04-02-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

Hard to say. The communication error is not good. I would hook another diagnostic tool to the car to verify if a connection can be made.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

the thing i'm worried about is if i get the computer reflashed and try this again. i think i'm goin to have a chat with diablo tomorrow.

Search this Thread