Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low oil light, help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low oil light, help please

Just recently my low oil, light come on. I check my oil and obviously it was low, so I found out that my oil filter was loose spilling the oil. I t was about time to chance my oil and filter so I went ahead and did expecting the low oil light to turn off. It did not so I disconnected the battery no luck, then I reseted the comp and turned the key forward and depressed the gas pedal 3 times no luck. Do u guys know what it might be or what I can do to fix this light. If it is a sensor which one might it be? I would really appreciate some help guys, Thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Whats the whole key foward hit gas 3 times thing anyway? The way to reset the computer is to turn the ignition key to the On position (Car not started), and then remove the PCM bat and PCM Ign fuses in the underhood fuse block. Keep the fuses out for like a minute or so and then turn key off and then replace fuses and start the car. If reset properly the car should have slight trouble at first finding idle. Try this first to reset the comp and get that light to turn off. Also reset the oil change thing with the odometer reset button.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks man, but I've tried both methods and no luck. What sensor can it be or what can I do.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The oil level sensor is on the side of the oil pan.
Might want to pull & reseat the connector just
for luck.