Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bank 1 & 2 system lean?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bank 1 & 2 system lean?????

could it be a problem with the o2 sensors or the maf, any help would be great, the car is stock
Old 04-06-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

could be 02 sensors although with both banks lean I would think something else. Make sure you are getting proper fuel pressure at the rails first, you may just need a new fuel filter or something of that nature.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know on trucks and suv's. bank 1 lean p0171 and bank 2 lean p0174 can be set due to the intake gaskets not sealing and sucking air. I do not believe this is a problem in the vettes or camaros as the intake gaskets are of different design. I have seen it a bunch in the trucks and suv's. There is a revised gasket with green a gasket around the ports instead of the older design with orange. With a scan tool you can monitor fuel trims and spray some carb cleaner around the intake, and if the gasket is leaking fuel trims will go negative.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rkinney
I know on trucks and suv's. bank 1 lean p0171 and bank 2 lean p0174 can be set due to the intake gaskets not sealing and sucking air. I do not believe this is a problem in the vettes or camaros as the intake gaskets are of different design. I have seen it a bunch in the trucks and suv's. There is a revised gasket with green a gasket around the ports instead of the older design with orange. With a scan tool you can monitor fuel trims and spray some carb cleaner around the intake, and if the gasket is leaking fuel trims will go negative.
yeah, a leak anywhere behind the MAF can cause this, listen for a hissing sound around the intake area. If you havent taken anything off the engine though there is no reason for there to be a leak.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any air not going through the MAF will impact AFRs.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Teching In

when this happened to me, the dealer scanned it and got the codes but couldnt tell me what was wrong. In my case the CAI pipe at the throttle body was not tight enough to make a seal. tightened up the clamps and the SES light went away. I hope its something simple like that to fix your issue.