PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES and hesitation ... need help !

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES and hesitation ... need help !

Ok so here is the delimma ...my car is running VERY rich... My SES light is on , and on occasion the car has a tendency to hesitate for a for seconds ... then be fine. I am curious , Could it be a bad O2 sensor? I have LT's and TSP duals, i dont know if that can account for such things going wrong. I have heard you dont HAVE to get a tune after a header install to get the car to stop running rich , because the computer will adjust its self. I have O2 simms to replace my rear 02 Sensors ... but i still get an SES light. Could there be something else throwing a code besides a sensor and could that same thing be making the car hesitate? With the hesitation there is a bit of backfire. But then everything is ok and the car runs strong. Any help would greatly be a appreciated.

Last edited by Ehatcher; 04-05-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it could be one of many things...get it scanned so you know what the code is...but its definitly mechanical rather then you needing a tune.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely get a scan, man. You get all worked up and then realize it's your stupid MAF that went out. My car would cut power suddenly during cruise speeds. It was for a split second, but surprise engine braking is not pleasant. Oh yeah, It was the 85mm slp maf that went bad a week after I bought it, had to buy exact replacement, ****!!