Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST XFI owners inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST XFI owners inside!!!

Anyone that owns the FAST XFI setup on their car how do you like it so far???? Easy to tune/use??? Quality of parts/harness and customer service????

And what is your setup and engine that you're using it with???

About to place my order but wanted to hear some opinions first.... I've been hearing Accel is having issues with Gen VII motherboards they got from China.... supposedly won't return phone calls to EMIC's????? they lost my business.....
Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Launching!

The XFI is a really killer setup...especially for a nitrous car.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

exactly what i wanted to hear.... putting it on a high hp/large nitrous shot 383 LT1....
Old 04-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Teching In

I like to here that also. I am looking to buy one my self and I have been talking to the guy at the R&D in MI they are very helpfull and will send you in the right way.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Outlaw mine is in the mail as we speak. Might be here this wkend. Don't find alot of post regarding XFI's though. We are on our own w/ this one. I've been on this board here since that was the only place I could find from google that had a dedicated XFI forum. GN's but they are apart of the family.

XFI Forum
Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the link.... I'm ordering mine this friday.... Box with wideband, wiring harness, a couple of sensors, etc.... I'll check out that website and register.... thanks for the help....
Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Launching!

Default ive got one

yeah, ive had xfi in my car for 2 years at least. I like it. if you know what you are doing (which i dont) it seems like you can get it to do anything. i tuned my car having no experience whatsoever, and it runs good. I tried to get it dynoed and tuned at speed inc. but they didnt know how to use it yet (too new?) they had murrillo come up to do the tune, but he said it looked fine, so i guess i got everything pretty close. Im sure there is a little more power to be had, ill find it one day. I got the system because i wanted the flexability of changing things myself with a laptop, and changing as i did different mods. my plan was a tt 427, but for now its still a stock motor cuz i have no money. its got fast90/90, stainless works 1 3/4s, and um, a 700 trans. i have a zex direct port kit finally installed, but havent used it yet. I think its wired up correctly, but does anyone know a way to test and see if the system is working? I thought pa enable should change from 0 to 1 once parameters are met( swith activated and rpm threshold met) but i didnt see it change when i revved it. Ill check power at the relay when i get a friend to give me a hand. i have it wired 12v+ to switch- switch to pa enable and spiced to relay- power from bat to relay and relay to solenoids, then there is a blue wire(forgot the name)that should switch to ground when all thresholds are met which goes to the relay. seems like it should all be correct, but i have 2 different wiring diagrams from fast and one from zex so.... I havent tried to bother anyone at fast with questions yet...ill wait till i have money to fill the bottle
anyways, sorry for the long post but i think we should find a way to share our xfi tunes with each other- solve each others problems....
I dont know too much about this but if someone tells me how post my whole calibration file ill do it.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Staging Lane

Setup: 69 Camaro, SB2.2 406CI CAM:274/284 with ~.800 gross valve lift, T56 6 Speed, Strange 12 Bolt

Copied from another post I made in the Injection forum:

Most annoying thing about it - if you are tuning it real time, you MUST disconnect for the changes to be saved. This sucks because the software will lock up occasionally when you are logging + tuning at the same time.

The UI isn't bad but its no HP Tuners or EFI Live. There is no way to take logged O2 correction data and apply it the fueling which would drastically speed up the tuning process.

It offers some neat features though -- 16x16 maps, multiple tunes (4 user selectable channels), misc. inputs, and comes with a leaded race gas compatible wide band sensor (L2H2)

Customer support was good, needed a replacement sensor and the staff overnighted one. They are usually pretty busy but once you get ahold of someone they will take care of you.

I'd be happy to help figure out any problems owners are having
Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 89LS1RS
yeah, ive had xfi in my car for 2 years at least. I like it. if you know what you are doing (which i dont) it seems like you can get it to do anything. i tuned my car having no experience whatsoever, and it runs good. I tried to get it dynoed and tuned at speed inc. but they didnt know how to use it yet (too new?) they had murrillo come up to do the tune, but he said it looked fine, so i guess i got everything pretty close. Im sure there is a little more power to be had, ill find it one day. I got the system because i wanted the flexability of changing things myself with a laptop, and changing as i did different mods. my plan was a tt 427, but for now its still a stock motor cuz i have no money. its got fast90/90, stainless works 1 3/4s, and um, a 700 trans. i have a zex direct port kit finally installed, but havent used it yet. I think its wired up correctly, but does anyone know a way to test and see if the system is working? I thought pa enable should change from 0 to 1 once parameters are met( swith activated and rpm threshold met) but i didnt see it change when i revved it. Ill check power at the relay when i get a friend to give me a hand. i have it wired 12v+ to switch- switch to pa enable and spiced to relay- power from bat to relay and relay to solenoids, then there is a blue wire(forgot the name)that should switch to ground when all thresholds are met which goes to the relay. seems like it should all be correct, but i have 2 different wiring diagrams from fast and one from zex so.... I havent tried to bother anyone at fast with questions yet...ill wait till i have money to fill the bottle
anyways, sorry for the long post but i think we should find a way to share our xfi tunes with each other- solve each others problems....
I dont know too much about this but if someone tells me how post my whole calibration file ill do it.
Connect to the car, and under the File menu, hit the "Save all tables" option. That should allow you to save it the laptop, and then upload here.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Default upload?

yeah, its the uploading it to here part ive never done....i just noticed an attachment button below when sending this message, do i just put the cal file as an attachment to a post?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:19 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
exactly what i wanted to hear.... putting it on a high hp/large nitrous shot 383 LT1....

Using a crank trigger?