PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting better, found a few things...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default getting better, found a few things...

Well, if you were reading my last thread about my tuning problems, here's an update of some things that were probably contributing to the problem !

#1 - while scanning I noticed that the TPS was reading 2% at idle. A while back I replaced my tb blade from a 1/4" drilled hole with a stock blade and propped the stock-hole'd blade open a bit with the set screw to give the cam some air. After readjusting it to 0% and giving it some drive time the surging at steady cruise has dramatically straightened out, still a little but much better.

#2 - while reinstalling my NX MAF nitrous yesterday, I bumped the MAF connector and the idle stumbled. Puzzled, I bumped it again and the idle stumbled again. Looks like I have a wiring issue in the connector, will be straighteneing that out today. That probably wasn't helping either (when the MAF was enabled in the tune).

Granted, #2 wasn't coming into play while tuning in OLSD, but what's confusing me is why my AFR error% would be continually negative when (due to #1) there was more air coming in than there should be ? Seems like that would have driven the AFR error % positive ? It continually had negative AFR error% even after adjusting VE in OLSD though, which is confusing. (Adjustment after adjustment it would still show negative AFR error%, to the point where it would start running like **** from reducing the VE so much).

The good news is, now that the tb adjust screw is straightened out, the surging is a lot less and the positive LTRIMS have dropped to ~17 from being pegged at 25 when the MAF is enabled and in a normal closed loop tune.

Any idears ?

Thanks !
Rob (Bad30th)