Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emission nazis!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default emission *****!!!!!!

here in ny we got a visial and obd2 plug in emission testing. does tuning and deleting things such as air/egr/rear o2's show up on the scan or is the tester fooled? or do you just fail?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZDOG
here in ny we got a visial and obd2 plug in emission testing. does tuning and deleting things such as air/egr/rear o2's show up on the scan or is the tester fooled? or do you just fail?
If they are deleted correctly, the OBDII readiness tests will read "Passed". By correctly, I mean the tests are left enabled but set to "No Error reported".
Old 04-07-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as and the EGR/AIR and Rear O2's are set to "no error reported" and the SES is enabled, the test will show complete. As far as the visual, depends on how hard they look.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZDOG
thanks !!!!!!!!!!!
Not a problem, man I hate the NYS VIP OBDII testing -- it's evil.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

if ur gonna delete ur EGR get a ls6 intake without the egr, i'm sure if u just put a plug in the stock ls1 intake there gonna see that its outta place... plus the benefits from doing that really arent worth the hassle if ur keeping ur stock intake, just cut the egr tube, if u search u'll find out how
Old 04-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Teching In

well i dont know how good the smog techs are in NY but here in CA we do check for egr and everything else the car is supposed to have and thats called the visual..i am a smog tech myself and if i didnt see an egr or air pump or cats you would fail because you have a sticker in the engine compartment that tells you all your emission parts and if you take that off all the smog shops have a book wich contains the info on your car emission parts..so good luck..like i said depends how good the tech is...he jus might miss it
Old 04-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK I just passed mine with no egr, no cats, no smog pump, long tube headers, and 235/240 600 cam. My secret: turned off codes as described above, installed hood pins they didn't want to mess with so they didn't lift the hood, and added a third muffler to make the exhuast quiet (harder to hear the lope.) Also have the idle jacked up to 1000 rpm to smooth it out a bit. The other tip is go in when they are busy as hell so they don't take the time to look close. I also passed safety without seat belts, air bags, emergency brake, bumpers, or wippers. I have a nice light car . . .