Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few tuning ?s

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few tuning ?s

Gettin ready to do a cam install(F13 114 LSA, FAST 90, 01 injectors), and have a few tuning questions.

1. Im swapping 01 injectors for my 99 injectors. can i just copy a 00-02 fuel injector table? and is there anything else i need to change/copy?

2. Im also installing a FAST 90 intake/TB. is there any definate answer on what needs to be adjusted for that swap(goin from 99 LS1 intake)? I have tried searching, but what does come up seems to be mostly for vettes, and doesn't work right for an F-body.

3. Any prestart adjustments to idle, fuel, airflow that i need to change? Any relearn procedures that i need to do?

4. Does anybody have a decent tune for a F13 that i can use as a starting point?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

TTT. anyone?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

1. yes you can just copy the table for the injectors that you are installing and do not mess with it again unless you change injectors again..
2. If you want to tune it, you are going to want to unplug MAF, copy high octane spark to low octane spark table. Drive, log/scan. Adjust VE table to get trims dialed in to slightly negative values. Plug MAF in, drive/scan, adjust MAF table to dial trims in. Then do WOT tuning via PE table(Wideband 02 sensor is great for this).
3. All fueling I described in step 2. You can chamge idle if you want. After reflashing it will take like an hour of driving for the trims to relearn.
4. I dont have a tune for that.

Be sure to search this forum and read the stickys. There is tons of info here on how to tune your ride. Good luck.
I am sure others will give you some advice as well.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I know how to do a basic tune, Im already in SD all the time. especially with the FAST 90 is where i have questions. i know i have to adjust tables that simply driving around isn't going to do
Old 04-13-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
I know how to do a basic tune, Im already in SD all the time. especially with the FAST 90 is where i have questions. i know i have to adjust tables that simply driving around isn't going to do
LOl, sorry bout that then. I would imagine that you should just have to change the injector table and the VE table in order to make sure the trims are back where they should be. I dont have a FAST so Im not 100% sure what else you may want to do.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I found how to do the injector tuning https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/487909-injector-swap-hp-tuners.html but still need help with the 90