Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Question with cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Question with cam

Anyone know what will be a better tune for a stock ls1 running a tr230 reverse split cam, comp 918 springs, titanium retainers, and thunder racing pushrods.
Either a Hp tune, someone with wideband capabilities, or mail order tune
Basically I dont want my car to stall out with the new cam and dont want to spend the money for a full dyno tune.
Thanks
Ryan
Old 04-14-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone using a WBO2 that can see what's happening to the car in person as they tune it is going to have an advantage over a mail order tune.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

thanks ill have to ask around for someone who could help me out. First I need to install my cam.
Thanks
Ryan
Old 04-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why install a cam if your not going to tune the car to use the thing properly? Logging, reading results and making adjustments are all components of a proper tune. Anything less is a shot in the dark and your hoping you've got it right. You won’t see the true benefits of the cam without a proper tune. Instead you’ll post mediocre numbers and pro’lly have a few driveability issues. Mail order is a generic shot in the dark as well. Your spending the money for the cam save a little for the tune and do I right. A dyno tune on a mustang dyno will dial that thing in perfectly and you’ll be glad you did it. Its not just a matter of peak numbers, it’s a matter of proper throttle response.