Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC-1 Error #8

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC-1 Error #8

Ok, so I got my LC-1 up and running (sort of). If the sensor is out of the exhaust it will go through the heater calibration and work every now and then, but most of the time the Error 08 pops up even if the sensor is in free air. If its in the exhaust the error appears almost immediately.

The unit is brand new so the sensor shouldn't be broken. All my connections and grounds are solid. I've done the heater calibration and free air cal. Not sure where to go from here. Ideas? It's wired to run with HP Tuners if that matters. Thanks for any help!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to be a common problem as of late...sounds like you need to call Innovate and let them know about it. You aren't the only one who's had this happen.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Seems to be a common problem as of late...sounds like you need to call Innovate and let them know about it. You aren't the only one who's had this happen.
Yeah, I've been noticing that too...I hope it's handled better than "sounds like you need to buy a new sensor, heat sink, heater..."
Old 04-14-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you have it wired up? FWIW, my sensor was doing almost the same thing. It would show the error-8 code sometimes immediately, sometimes after 10 minutes, etc. I had the sensor wired as wb and nb. I wired the heater gnd, 12V pwr, analog out1, and analog gnd to the stock nb harness. I also had the system gnd wired into the OBD connection gnd. Two weeks ago I added the diy copper heatsink and changed the wiring to be exactly the same as Joecar's. Two weeks have past and I haven't had a single problem with the sensor. Hope you get your wb sorted out.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bshell
How do you have it wired up? FWIW, my sensor was doing almost the same thing. It would show the error-8 code sometimes immediately, sometimes after 10 minutes, etc. I had the sensor wired as wb and nb. I wired the heater gnd, 12V pwr, analog out1, and analog gnd to the stock nb harness. I also had the system gnd wired into the OBD connection gnd. Two weeks ago I added the diy copper heatsink and changed the wiring to be exactly the same as Joecar's. Two weeks have past and I haven't had a single problem with the sensor. Hope you get your wb sorted out.
Mine isn't wired as a wideband and narrowband so nothing is spliced into the narrowband harness. It's wired as follows:

Red: 12V switched
Blue: Chassis Ground
White: EIO Ground (Grounded to engine block)
Green: EIO Ground
Black: EIO Ground (run through led and push button switch)
Yellow: Unused and taped up
Brown: EIO Input

I followed SoundEngineer's instructions. I'll have to look for JoeCar's wiring. Thanks!

Quick Reply: LC-1 Error #8