Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners AIR + EGR Disable

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP tuners AIR + EGR Disable

I've removed all my AIR and EGR equipment on my 98 f-body. I set the DTC's for the equip. to "do not report". It's worked fine so far, no "check engine" light.

Should I also DISABLE the EGR in the Engine/General section by changing the dropdown box to DISABLE, or will this effect my readiness test when I need to get an emmisions test?

Same with the AIR PUMP, I set my disable ECT to 284* to disable it. Will this effect any emmisions testing? Thanks

I posted this Q on the HP site, no help though as of yet.
BTW I have the latest version of HP with the EIO no wideband... YET!
Old 04-15-2006, 06:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...6569#post36569 someone posted like an hour ago with the answer :shrug:
Old 04-15-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not to specific, I was hoping for a little more input
Old 04-15-2006, 10:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well then you better come up with some better questions you asked

"Should I also DISABLE the EGR in the Engine/General section by changing the dropdown box to DISABLE, or will this effect my readiness test when I need to get an emmisions test?"

he responded with:

"I did that also, it wont affect the readiness tests, as long as you have all the codes set to "no error reported" and the SES light set to "enable" you will be fine."

Then you asked

"Same with the AIR PUMP, I set my disable ECT to 284* to disable it. Will this effect any emmisions testing?"

he responded with:

"I did that also, it wont affect the readiness tests, as long as you have all the codes set to "no error reported" and the SES light set to "enable" you will be fine."

thats your answer, basically you said you posted & you got no help...he answered your questions I just dont see how thats no help.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by foff667
well then you better come up with some better questions you asked

"Should I also DISABLE the EGR in the Engine/General section by changing the dropdown box to DISABLE, or will this effect my readiness test when I need to get an emmisions test?"

he responded with:

Then you asked

"Same with the AIR PUMP, I set my disable ECT to 284* to disable it. Will this effect any emmisions testing?"

he responded with:

thats your answer, basically you said you posted & you got no help...he answered your questions I just dont see how thats no help.
I'm getting things sorted out, sorry about the "DUMB" questions. I wasn't sure about the SES light. It was actually right in front of my face. I'm just getting familiar with the software.

You've been helpfull and I appreciate it. C'mon though... give a newb a break, I know I've got some reading to do .
Old 04-16-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ashade98
give a newb a break, I know I've got some reading to do .

newb? i smell newb? oh ****... let's start the hazing

hehe j/k

I think the main thing foff was getting at is that you said you got no help yet you did

no worries , we still "like you as a friend"
Old 04-16-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man..... I'm trying. I just had to read it over and look and VCM editor over and over..... Then "BING" it made sense!
Horist, I saw a thread where you said that you never zeroed your EGR spark advance correction - add table. Still runnin' this way?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

hrmmm.. what thread? (my latest tunes are on my laptop which is in my car which is upstairs, and outside heh)

was it about the EGR Correction tab? (Engine -> spark control -> EGR Correction under Misc)

if so.....

Yes still all zeros

and the RPMs/maps it deals with ;.... have no effect on most cars..... 0.12 to .060, up to 2800RPM ....

(may be something I forgot about though.... I'm an auto w/a big converter.... so i genearlly don't pay much attention to under 5k rpm at WOT heh)
Old 04-16-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
hrmmm.. what thread? (my latest tunes are on my laptop which is in my car which is upstairs, and outside heh)

was it about the EGR Correction tab? (Engine -> spark control -> EGR Correction under Misc)

if so.....

Yes still all zeros

and the RPMs/maps it deals with ;.... have no effect on most cars..... 0.12 to .060, up to 2800RPM ....

(may be something I forgot about though.... I'm an auto w/a big converter.... so i genearlly don't pay much attention to under 5k rpm at WOT heh)

It was on the hp site. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht=EGR+disable
you said you DIDN'T zero out the EGR correction table (Engine -> spark control -> EGR Correction under Misc).
Just wondering..... I trust your opinion (to an extent ) LOL.

I went ahead and zeroed out my table.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ashade98
It was on the hp site. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht=EGR+disable
you said you DIDN'T zero out the EGR correction table (Engine -> spark control -> EGR Correction under Misc).
Just wondering..... I trust your opinion (to an extent ) LOL.

I went ahead and zeroed out my table.

oh ok... yea i stilll stand behind that thread

no need to zerio that table

as mentioned before... change EGR and AIR enable points.... and disable the codes....

john doe... you've done good (john doe referring to I don't know your first name maybe i missed it.... but i find it better to reffer to people by first name than screen name )
Old 04-16-2006, 01:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's Aaron.... Thanks Mike!

Quick Reply: HP tuners AIR + EGR Disable