Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 402 and cam position sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 402 and cam position sensor issue

I posted this in the LS2 section but maybe it would get better help from here.

------------------------------------------
I got the LS2 402 fired up, but for some reason the cam position sensor isn't picking up anything and the RPM's don't register on the tach and HP tuners shows the SES code for the Cam position sensor. I unplugged the extension that comes with the LS2 cover that runs it to the bottom of the front cover so the Racetronix adapter harness would plug into the front cover like described in the other thread I created, but it's not working, any ideas?

Did I possibly mix up the two male connectors behind the intake, the one that goes into the MAP sensor on the back of the intake and the cam position sensor male connector, they both are identical looking? The shorter plug that runs with the fuel injector harness is the one that's in the MAP and the longer one that dangled by the bellhousing is the one that went to the Racetronix harness.
----------------------------------------------------

I swapped the wires todaty and I still have no rpms,etc. what else do you think it could be?

It's weird because the computer sees the RPM's but my tach won't show them. And it's still hard to start sometimes.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been reading a ton, and are people swapping the pins on the actual SENSOR or the harness? I swapped the red and brown on the Racetronix harness and it didn't work, if I pull the sensor off the cover and swap the pins and then go to the harness and swap them back to how it came, would that work?

I'm dying here, someone help please!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a problem with the cam sensor on my extension also. It had no effect on the tach though. I don't think that the tach gets it's reading from there. When you switched the outside wires, did the code go away? I think that the tach problem is not related to the code. I am having a problem in my gage cluster with my temp gage not working but the sensor is communicating with the computer and I get a reading when I scan. I have been told to check the ground strap. I have and it is fine and still doesn't work. Perhaps the connector that goes into the firewall is not connected good. I think that this may also be my problem as I used the "yank the cables out thru the firewall" method rather than the "rip the dashbaord apart" method.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, the code did not go away when I swapped the wires. Everything seemed to stay the same when I did it.