Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Bogging inconsitantly

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Bogging inconsitantly

I originally thought the problem was the MAP sensor because when i tap the gas the Line for the MAP sensor on HP tuners would go down instead of up. Now, I am boosted, my vacume usually sits around 12 and when I tap the gas it goes to 20. This is just sitting at idle.

Here's the problem. It's hard to describe, it bogges then it doesn't, then it bogges then it dosn't. My air fuel ratio goes to high teens when it's bogging. It does not matter, i can be accelorating or cruising. I do have an exhaust leak on the drivers side header that appears (sounds) to have gotten a little louder. I have replaced the O2 sensors and the MAP sensor.

I have a scan but no way to upload it right now

I am on AIM as "CamaroLinxs" if you have any queastions that might help determine what the issue is.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any KR? My car will bog occasionally just as i let out the clutch, and in the logs ill see a ton of KR. 99% of the time its fine.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Any KR? My car will bog occasionally just as i let out the clutch, and in the logs ill see a ton of KR. 99% of the time its fine.

Yes there is KR when it boggs here are a few pics of the scan
Attached Thumbnails Car Bogging inconsitantly-scan1.jpg   Car Bogging inconsitantly-scan11.jpg  
Old 04-25-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

well if there's KR, there's the answer to your problem. Either you need to back off the timing or richen her up a little. Assuming of course its not some other issue causing false knock.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

well if there's KR, there's the answer to your problem. Either you need to back off the timing or richen her up a little. Assuming of course its not some other issue causing false knock.

It's currently tuned at a little under 11 Air fuel ratio (rich). This has only recently been happening. I can crusing on the freeway at 60 MPH and the car will all of a sudden bogg, then not bogg, bogg, then not bogg. This happens speratically. No bumps on the road no possibility of false KR. It happens worse when i first start the car. Then wen it warms up some it happens less but still happens a lot. I can be slowly accelerating and it'll happen or i can accelerate quickly. It does not matter. I drove this same exact tune on this pass Sat. and I did not have any issues. I started the car up on Monday morning and it happened part of the way to work then no problems for the rest of the way. I took the car to lunch and the same thing happened. It's odd and sparatic. It happens at all speeds and it does not matter how i accelerate.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

have you changed your fuel filter? Injectors might be clogging? Id think its a problem with fuel delivery or possibly air metering. Something to make you lean out. where on those screens was the actual bucking?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

have you changed your fuel filter? Injectors might be clogging? Id think its a problem with fuel delivery or possibly air metering. Something to make you lean out. where on those screens was the actual bucking?
from frame 100- 150 did it. I have a fuel preasure gauge and it shows normal preasure even during the bogging. Again while this is happening the Air fuel ratio goes to high teens....

Last edited by Linxs; 04-25-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:08 PM
12 Second Club

any other thoughts? Anyone?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From your scans something is pulling some serious timing (-11*) that's probably the 'bog' that you feel. Try logging commanded AFR and see if during steady state driving (no PE) if your commanded AFRs drop from Stoich. If they do, I'd scan the temp tables looking for what is commanded that AFR and/or pulls that much timing.