Sponsored by:

Tuning with Vinci VHP tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning with Vinci VHP tuner

Hey guys,
I just purchased a vararam intake for my auto 2000 C5 corvette along with a VINCI VHP TUNER. I also have a Tbryne MAF ends, larger air bridge, and smooth air bellow. I was wondering how i should tune my car now with the Vinci tuner. I heard Vararam leans out the car alot, along with the Tbryne MAF ends and air bridge, but i also hear that the computer fixes the air/fuel ratio accordingly and its the knock that robs the horsepower. Can i fix this problem with the Vinci tuner by adding fuel or timing?

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I AM LOST!!!! Any information will do me good. I just need to know exactly what to do with my Vinci according to the mods i have.

Thanks Alot guys

-Clay
Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

boltons tend to improve airflow, and hence lean out a car. The computer compensates for lean/rich a/f ratios when in closed loop fueling modes (generally part throttle driving). At WOT, there is no feedback from the system to make adjustments. Find a way to obtain a/f data, richen up till you get your desired a/f, then if you are still pulling KR, adjust timing appropriately. Keep in mind that max timing is not always optimal timing, so just under the point that you don't pull any KR doesn't mean it's the best place for timing to stay.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

start off with the hiperf/stock cam setting as see how it does. if you have a datalogger and wideband, do some driving around and see what you get. if you have some time to get on a dyno, then tune it on the dyno. you can add/subtract fuel/timing to any of the preset tunes and stock tune.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Teching In

What if i tune it with the hiperformace/stockcam setting and increase the timing 10% and increase the fuel 10%???? Is that too much fuel???
Old 04-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Teching In

-Bump

Quick Reply: Tuning with Vinci VHP tuner