PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoVE Tuning Issues (Lean) Not going to OLFA table?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question AutoVE Tuning Issues (Lean) Not going to OLFA table?

It's been a while, but I finally made it to the track two weeks ago, and was attempting to dial in the VE. While I saw values that were starting to get near 1.00 in the BEN's, I failed to notice that the computer wasn't commanding ANYTHING BUT 14.7 the whole time. I did ~4 sessions like this, luckily temps were cool, compression is mild, car is light, and load was light. No signs of damage.....phew....lucky. Pulled all plugs, no signs of aluminum crystals. So, I looked things over with a buddy, and it turns out that my Closed Loop Temp Enable was set to 33c (a value my buddy was having me practice changing to, the night before the track). We got side-tracked and I never set it back to 122c.

Ok, so we changed that, looked everything over and then I headed to Limerock yesterday. 1st session, I watched my A/F gauge like a hawk......14.7ish even at WOT....WTF? So, I start looking everything over, can't find anything. I said let me change the lambda's (B361 from 1.00 across the board per TAQuickness' writeup to what I thought was EQ.....figured go 1.15 and be rich but safe to see what happens. I go out, 16-17:1 AFR....pull into pits. I looked at a near stock tune then, and realized that lambda and EQ were backwards of each other, then took my latest tweaked VE table from my last session two weeks ago, and added the stock (B361 PE values. This resulted in AFR's on the rich side, but at least safe. Both times at the track, my initial (B3605) Commanded Fuel in OL were set to a blended version of those in TAQuickness' writeup.

I really don't understand why when I just looked at B3605 in the Trial2 tune and all the values are really low .50-1.00? I never touched that yesterday, only B3618?

So, what is confusing me is why nothing was happening with just the OLFA table, but when I took the PE values from 1.00 to .8x, things started to richen. For some reason, the computer isn't going to OLFA AT ALL?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

send your tune to ldhasty at gmail dot com and i will browse over ti to see if anything sticks out.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Larry figured it out! It was going to OL and PE! My OLFA table where I thought EQ/Lambda were the same was in Lambda (reciprical of EQ....). So, it was picking the richer of the two tables which was PE even set at 14.7! Problem solved! User mistake!