Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wideband tunning w/ HPT

Ive read the stickies

this is what i have understood from all this:
to tune w/ a wideband:
set the vcm to SD mode(just like doing it w/ LTFT's & STFT's)change spark & maf fail freq. ect., then......

for wideband, Disable (COT,DFCO,LTFT's,STFT's,), set the OLFA to 1.00 for all operating temps, and set PE to 1.17 all across the table (12.5AFR WOT), i also set the PE enable to like 75%TPS, 75map so that it wont interfere while im doing my part throttle tune

now i go into my scanner and load up the eio input for the LC-1 wideband, i delete the fuel injector duty 1&2, insert commanded AFR hi res, change one of the histo's to LC-1 config, log AFR error, log MAF-AFR error.

is there anything im missing that i need to tune my car for part throttle?
also after i get my VE right, i can do my WOT with these settings loaded on the vcm?

please correct me if im wrong. THANX
Old 04-27-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks ok, need to set closed loop enable temps to max (284*) to command open loop. I leave OLFA stock below my thermostat setpoint so I still have some enrichment for warmup. I also set PE to what I want to end up with at the end. Richer to peak torque, leaner to peak hp, then richer up to rpm limiter. I do the same thing for spark advance (less to peak tq, more to peak hp).

Don't worry about entering PE while tuning for part throttle. That's the beauty of the afr error histogram. If you are commanding 12.0 at 3000rpm and the afr histo shows a % error, that means your VE table values are off that % at that rpm / kPa. The histo only compares commanded afr to actual to get the error. Doesn't matter what commanded is.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

how would i re calibrate the maf, or should i just stay speed density??
Old 04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Go SD and dial in the VE table(s) first. Then re-enable the MAF and dial it in using the MAF AFR error % histogram.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bshell
Go SD and dial in the VE table(s) first. Then re-enable the MAF and dial it in using the MAF AFR error % histogram.
so set the freq. back to stock or just plug it in and set it 0??
Old 05-01-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Plugged in and freq set to stock. I also usually raise the MAF table #s by 10-15% and then start logging and making changes. You can also look at the high map / high rpm ve table values to see how high you had to go to get an idea how much to add initially to your MAF table. I do this so as not to run too lean on the high end.