Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please with P0410 code?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help please with P0410 code?

Well, today I got everything for my Procharger setup installed and finalized. Everything seems to be working fine. So I took it out for a little bit, wanting to break in the belt so I can retighten it before tuning this next week. Anyway, I had driven about 25 miles perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever. Then all of a sudden I see the SES light pop on. I was right by the house so I got home and popped the hood. Coolant was overflowing from the overfill tube/battery tray. Figuring that was somehow the problem, I let it cool, then removed and dumped the contents of the overflow tank, then refilled the radiator. I pulled the PCM fuse to clear the code then tried again, but SES still remained.

Whipped out my scanner and read code P0410 'Secondary Air Injection System' (Immature). What would cause me to throw this code? Would the event with the coolant have any bearing on the appearance of this code? Where would a good place to start in trying to figure out the problem here?

Also, should I have put any coolant back into the overflow tank?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bump.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Launching!

just for future reference, u can not "erase" codes by disconnecting power to the PCM. it works with OBD cars but not OBDII.

just search the site on how to get rid of the AIR system, its more of a hassle to leave it on at this point. and check ur coolant level, and make sure its at the proper level. refill as neccessary. that might be a problem in itself.