Sponsored by:

Weird issue after dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird issue after dead battery

A little background;
Ok so I've been running my current tune for at least a good month or two with no real problems, except for cold mornings it would shift a little too hard.

I haven't drove the truck for a while and this weekend my battery was completly dead. I'm sure it sat that way for at least a day or two. I had the charger on it for a few hours to bring it back to life.
Fast forward to yesterday;
Started it up to take it for a cruise, and its now shifting really sluggish. It also wants to die when parking and coming to a stop.

Its like it lost the tune, nothing seems the same on how it drives. Did the dead battery cause the PCM to have to relearn itself again or what?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zick
Its like it lost the tune, nothing seems the same on how it drives. Did the dead battery cause the PCM to have to relearn itself again or what?
Yes the learned values for fuel trims, idle, and transmission operation get cleared and have to be relearned.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by white2001s10
Yes the learned values for fuel trims, idle, and transmission operation get cleared and have to be relearned.
Opps I guess I should mentioned more about my tune. Currently I am running Open Loop only. I have both LT & ST fuel trims disabled, so in theory that should not be my problem.

But whats this about trans operation?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Check the terminals on your battery, make sure the connections are on there real tight. I had a similar problem, I thought I lost my tune when my car would want to stall or didn't want to crank over. It ended up being loose connections to the terminals.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zick
Opps I guess I should mentioned more about my tune. Currently I am running Open Loop only. I have both LT & ST fuel trims disabled, so in theory that should not be my problem.
But whats this about trans operation?
There are learn routines for idle and transmission operation too.
They will work in open-loop.