Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need gauge wiring help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need gauge wiring help!

OK, long story short, I'm gutting my car and cut something I shouldn't have. I only cut wires in/near the passenger footwell. My tach, water temp, and fuel gauges are all inop. I've found (through many searches) that there is a grey wire going into the back of the speedo that caries all this info in a serial format. I traced this wire to some kind of splitter (I'm thinking "Splice Pack SP200").

The splitter has a purple wire running to the data link connector. It also has a blue wire (with silver-colored instead of copper wire) that I'm assuming went to my air bags (I cut this one, too). There is a light blue wire that disappears towards the fuse box (didn't cut anything over there, so I didn't follow it). Finally, there is a green wire that is cut.

Now, the only green wires that I can see coming through the firewall are 2 that go into a blue, 10-pin plug. I have tried hooking up the green wire coming from the splitter to both green wires coming from the firewall. Neither works.

Also, there was some ground that was bolted to where the lower part of the dash mounts on the passenger side. I cut that, thinking it was to the radio and all the other crap in the back of the car.

The car runs fine, except for these problems. There is also a white plug with wires coming through the dash that got cut. I hooked all of these back up, though there is nothing saying I got every single one right.

Any ideas how to get my gauges working properly? I really only need the fuel and tach.