PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFZI live or HPTunner

Old 05-09-2006, 04:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFZI live or HPTunner

What would be best for starters. I have a 2000 vette, and my brother has a 2002 z28. We are goin go in have and start to tune our own cars. We were wondering what system has the best interface?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:25 AM
TECH Junkie

best thing a beginer can do is read this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/368718-read-me-best-ls1-tuning-software-best-scanner-best-handheld.html

I vote for EFILive as it's the best
Old 05-09-2006, 04:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with TA, but each person has there own preference. After using all of the products available, I personally will only use EFILive. Check out my specials in my sig. I can get you both into a package with two widebands for a great price!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:34 AM
On The Tree

i read that, i guess im looking for testmonials more than anything
Old 05-09-2006, 04:41 AM
TECH Junkie

You will probably get better results by visiting www.efilive.com an the hpt website and posting your questions there. These types of threads get automatic lock down on this site.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

are we not alowed to get poeples opinions on here? I thought thats what a forum was for? i would think all the people on efi live will say its better and all the people on hp's sight will say their better. I would like to know why people use what they do...
Old 05-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Teching In

im sure there are people on here that tune them self or may wanna tune them self, just try to get the apinion from people on here and maybe help other who are thinking about doing it.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't the fact we can't answer your questions, its is the fact we aren't allowed to.

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Brains
Admin note: Moderators, clean/lock/etc. any future threads as necessary, these pissing matches aren't doing anyone any good. They're getting way too far off a healthy comparison to be useful to our members. Its a benefit to us that both companies have chosen to sponsor the site, I just wish they would BOTH stop acting like everyone is out to get them. Instead of pointing fingers and getting all worked up, it would be much more professional for both companies to CONSTRUCTIVELY bounce off each other to strengthen their positions. Face it - HPTuners and EFILive are at the top of the game. NOBODY, on ANY platform, offers as powerful of tools as these two companies offer to the public. I just wish they could co-exist on a message forum without themselves or their supporters getting emotional about it!!!

So with that:
1. HP Tuners or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on EFILive.
2. EFILive or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on HP Tuners.

If the order I posted the company names gets you worked up:
1. EFILive or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on HP Tuners.
2. HP Tuners or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on EFILive.

Members: if a post of yours is locked, edited for content, or removed -- and you feel this was in error -- feel free to contact the moderators (name will generally be listed in the "edited by" line if it were edited, otherwise anyone if it were removed). Otherwise, feel free to contact one of the Administrators.

This crap has GOT to stop. This isn't the first time we've had businesses battle on the forums, and we've learned how to deal with it and allow all parties to coexist and prosper. Both companies are too valuable to our community to be spending their time arguing!

I am pretty excited about being able to see both packages mature and grow in feature set and usability, because all that matters at the end of the day is that you're able to get the job done. Truthfully, I don't think you could go wrong with either package. Neither of them are lacking in tuning ability for 99% of the community. For the remaining 1%, if there's a feature or parameter missing from the package you chose to go with, my bet is if you ask and it makes sense to be added, it WILL be added. Both companies are dedicated to the advancement of their product and support of our community.
So if you have owned both, you can't technically comment on which is better or what you "prefer" and why.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368718

Search this Thread