Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie tuner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie tuner.

Hey guys I got my hp tuning software a little bit ago, and I had a question.

I don't plan on doing a whole lot of tuning with the software, just pretty much minor stuff, I was wondering which would be better, to drive around on the car with a basic tune, and wait to get a dyno tune, or to upload a tune onto it from the .bin repository that you guys have on here. I was thinking of this tune, it is close to my setup

slp airbox lid, mass air flow sensor, smooth flow bellows, ls6 intake with egr, titanium retainers, comp cams 918 valve springs, thunder racing: pushrods, 224 / 224 .563/.563 112 lsa cam, quicktime performance headers & off road y-pipe, borla muffler, 4.10 gears

My mods:
slp lid, mass air, ls6 intake (no egr), titanium retainers, comp cams 918 springs, thunder racing: pushrods, 230/224 .575/.563 111 LSA cam, longtubes, 3" true duals, 4.11 gears.

My mods are pretty similar but not exact. Like said above would it be a good idea to put this into the car, or should I drive around with basic tune untill I can get dyno'ed?

Thanks guys.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you know if its a good tune thats in the other car? How will you learn how to tune yourself if you plop in someone elses tune? Personally I would never throw someone elses tune into my car...every car is different & should be treated as such.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
How do you know if its a good tune thats in the other car? How will you learn how to tune yourself if you plop in someone elses tune? Personally I would never throw someone elses tune into my car...every car is different & should be treated as such.
yeah, what he said. Ive been learning the tuning game here lately with a friends LT1 car, and you learn a lot more by doing it yourself then using somebody elses tune and going from there.. as a friend of mine said. If you dont know what it is, it prolly doesn't need to be changed. Go by that and you'll be good to go
Old 05-13-2006, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

I split the tuning software with a friend, cost us $150 a piece. I'll mainly use it to change rev limiter, check engine codes, and change speedo. Since car is daily driver I'd rather not mess around and learn to tune on this car. Just $150 seemed like a good price even for a handheld tuner, and figured might as well buy stuff that has more potentian and more capabilities.

But I guess for a bottom line I got out of it, I'll keep my stock tune on the car.