PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey there fellas!! I need HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey there fellas!! I need HELP!!

I recently had a trual dual x-pipe put on my vehicle. My car ran fine except for there was some rubbing along the floorboard. I took it to a gentle man to get the rubbing out of the exhaust and now when I got my car back, around 3500 rpms I get backfire. Now the backfire only happens in Drive. In neutral and park I have no problem getting to 6k and I can hold it and no surging. The problem I get is when I go to get in it and when I am going up hills I can feel the vehicle surge atbout 2k because i was scared to get it to 3k and cause it to backfire. I retorqued my long tubeheaders and I am about to run outside and see if putting my factory mass airflow sensor will fix it. I also believe I could have a blown header gasket but I cant see if its blown. PLease guys this is my daily driver.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by linegtdt52
I recently had a trual dual x-pipe put on my vehicle. My car ran fine except for there was some rubbing along the floorboard. I took it to a gentle man to get the rubbing out of the exhaust and now when I got my car back, around 3500 rpms I get backfire. Now the backfire only happens in Drive. In neutral and park I have no problem getting to 6k and I can hold it and no surging. The problem I get is when I go to get in it and when I am going up hills I can feel the vehicle surge atbout 2k because i was scared to get it to 3k and cause it to backfire. I retorqued my long tubeheaders and I am about to run outside and see if putting my factory mass airflow sensor will fix it. I also believe I could have a blown header gasket but I cant see if its blown. PLease guys this is my daily driver.

Have you checked for any other possible leaks in the system?

Chris Macellaro
Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

all leaks in exhaust have been fixed. I pulled the driverside exhaust manifold gasket (the paper one) and when I held it by one end it snapped in half. needless to say I need a new one. I'll find out if that fixes the problem when i get off work today
Old 05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you just tried checking your spark plugs and wires had the same thing happen to a friends car and turned out to be a couple of fouled plugs. Just a thought.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Dude I think you are exactly right. My question is I wonder if its from the cam which has only been in for a month or from the long tube headers which have o2 sensor simms thathavebeen in for about 1 year.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

also i have noticied it smelled extremely rich lately. I definitely think I am gonna go get a tune ASAP!! I think the cam is hurting a little but dang i put new plugs in a year ago. I might just get some wires just to have some upgrades. Any reccommended plug other than OEM for a motor with cam/heads? any reccommendations?