Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT and blackbox logging???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPT and blackbox logging???

So what ever happened to this? I thought the new release would have the black box logging, but after reading the website, I see nothing about it??

I don't remember specifics anymore, but I thought the $650 price had the box with the package, but the current software released didn't support it yet, but would shortly.... or is it now the box is going to be an additional charge again on top of the $650.

Just confused, and need some clarification. thanks!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I've read smoke signals which hint it will be ready in v2.1.12. I'm not Native American, so don't read too much into that
Old 05-18-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the EIO box includes the black box, 2.1.12 is scheduled for release in the next few weeks and should be adding black box logging as well as a few other cool features
Old 05-18-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horist
the EIO box includes the black box, 2.1.12 is scheduled for release in the next few weeks and should be adding black box logging as well as a few other cool features
Okay, so just to clarify on my end, the current EIO box I would get with the Pro package is capable of being a black box type logger, but just needs the associated software to start logging, etc?

Any any news yet as to how they are going to handle the fords and costs associated?? I'm hoping I can just use the credits I get with the package so i can do my buddies 03 Cobra, and share the cost with him.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gm/ford/chrysler credits will all be sold separatly & cannot be interchanged. The pro version is the only one with the ability to do black box logging which is scheduled for 2.1.12 as mentioned which is scheduled for release in a few weeks.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foff667
gm/ford/chrysler credits will all be sold separatly & cannot be interchanged.

Well that kinda stinks IMO. That really kills the versatility in the programming they were trying to achieve, and so much more $$ as well on top of the package with provided credits you should be able to use on anything you want (for personal use). Don't think I can convince my friend to pay up an additional $200 on top of a shared cost of $650, may as well just buy the package himself.

If HPT is reading this, please change this to a flat credit system that can be used on any car. Makes more sense for personal use where someone may own a GM and Ford, or GM/DCX.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

is HPT going to be making a scan only suite?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yup.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Well that kinda stinks IMO. That really kills the versatility in the programming they were trying to achieve, and so much more $$ as well on top of the package with provided credits you should be able to use on anything you want (for personal use). Don't think I can convince my friend to pay up an additional $200 on top of a shared cost of $650, may as well just buy the package himself.

If HPT is reading this, please change this to a flat credit system that can be used on any car. Makes more sense for personal use where someone may own a GM and Ford, or GM/DCX.

$99 is the norm for the single vehicle so what are you complaining about, where is the additional $200
Old 05-19-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
$99 is the norm for the single vehicle so what are you complaining about, where is the additional $200
Easy, its around $50 per credit, for new GM vehicles it is 4 credits to add a car, $200. A Ford I am sure will be around 4 credits when they update their site and list it. So, $200 is my guess.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is incorrect...for GM vehicles that have had both a PCM & TCM to crack it is 4 credits ie LS2/LS7 but look at the 05/06 cobalt 2.0 license(2 credits for vin lock) or 04-06 colorado/canyon license(2 credits for vin lock) it depends how much work they have to put into a vehicle...the more work(in the case of ls2 it was 2x the work) the more they are going to charge. I have no clue what pricing to expect for fords nor will i speculate but the #'s your throwing out are innaccurate in many cases.

Thanks
Bill
Old 05-20-2006, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

No.

-Ken
Old 05-20-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

ha ha. nice ken. it is like that for a reason SilverSmoke.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
No.

-Ken
Lol! Short, and to the point.

To the point above:
Didn't know about cracking two things on a car (LS2 in case), needing 2 credits and double the work. So therefore maybe it will only be $100 to add a ford, I dunno. But thank you for clarifying, just please don't shoot the person who is just curious as I feel like I have a bullseye on my head in this thread already

And Ken, don't take it like I'm trying to do anything to HPT. I should of elaborated on my note above, sorry. I'm just looking at it from a marketable point of view with sharing credits between GM and Ford. You have one of the best products on the market on the GM side, and your cracking into the Ford side with tons of competition. My point of view looking at the whole picture is this package is a good entry point for HPT through the current GM owners/tuners who also own Fords and tune them (as many do). Even if this is just done for one year to gain popularity and interest from the other side and then start to charge full package pricing.

Either way, just my point of view and opinion from my side of the industry.

So in terms of right now though, purchase the GM Pro package will be $650, and in order to add an 03 Cobra, will be about $100 (2 credits or so) correct? You can pm me if better not to let everyone else in on whats going on.

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:29 PM
FormerVendor

But thank you for clarifying, just please don't shoot the person who is just curious as I feel like I have a bullseye on my head in this thread already

Nah. We have already been over this internally every way possible. Just keep in mind you guys don't have to buy credits if you don't need them and 99.9% of the people who are buying them will buy them for the application needed.
So extra credits sitting around is because you left them there.

As we offer a way to upgrade similar GM credit types, they will have to be unique amongst manufacturers anyways. GM/Ford/Dodge are separate products and will have to remain that way in all regards.

Also regardless of what base package you buy (and everybody keeps assuming base price and initial level of support will be the same amongst the big 3, it will not), adding licenses for another make will always be just the cost of licensing. You already paid for the hardware....

-Ken