PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STILL Electrical problems.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STILL Electrical problems.

I have had many problems with my car recently. I will shorten it up. Initial codes set were p0336,p0332,p0327. None of these codes are being set anymore.

Pcm went bad, replaced pcm and some of the pins in the harness, the dealership charged me $300.00

Still had ckp sensor problem. Replaced ckp sensor three times, finally put gm part in and works fine and did the case relearn. Everything is fine there.

This am my car would not start. Noticed fuel gauge was not working and fuel pump was not kicking on. Fuel pump relay was clicking making a weird noise and was very hot. Turned car off, replaced relay with ac compressor relay which is the same relay. Started it up ran fine, shut the car off and it started doing the same thing again. Its clicking and very hot and the car won't start.

Car has 76K. Never Has had flood damage Nor had the cylinderheads off the car. Pulled intake and all knock sensor wires and wires behind the intake are in perfect shape and nothing melted.

This just started recently. Car has been problem free since I have had it, I have had the car since it was brand new in with only 4 miles on it.

The car has also been stock for a year now.

ANy suggestions?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The clicking relay may suggest a high current in the circuit. You'll need to take some readings to understand what is happening. Start with system volts and alternator current output. If you don't have a current clamp/probe you'll need to head out to a shop that has a battery/alternator tester. Once you determine that the charging system is relatively ok, then you need to check for shorts to ground in the fuel pump and PCM circuits. Also the BCM would could be a party to the issue as well since I believe it's responsible for "juicin" the fuel pump relay. You could just have a bad fuel pump. There are too many unknowns at this point.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought PCM's are covered under the Federal Emissions Warranty for 8yrs/80K just like stock cats?

Search this Thread