PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad tps?

Old 05-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bad tps?

Hey yall! I'v had to change my tps sensor 3 times now. They were purchased at Autozone. The last two were covered under warrenty.

Anyway, I have a h/c car that was programmed at MTI. After the program, I ported the TB. I did the bumpstop mod as well. The voltage is 4.6 at WOT. Would the porting cause the tps to go bad?

When I changed all 3 tps sensors, it seemed like the TB blade poped back into place or moved some when I took the sensor out.

Any ideas would help,
Thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 08:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're throwing the TPS code (P0121) after the heads/cam/tuning and you have replaced your TPS sensor, it's probably not the sensor.

It's common for that code to get thrown on cammed cars with a raised idle. You are moving more air than the PCM thinks you should be for that RPM, and it thinks there's something wrong with the TPS sensor (i.e. due to higher volume of air the PCM thinks the blade is open farther than the TPS is reporting).

The fix is in the tuning - either open up the MAP window on the P0121 code, or I think EFILive you can actually correct the expected airflow vs. RPM.

Good luck,
Rob (Bad30th)

Search this Thread