PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners WOT shift points are hit or miss?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP tuners WOT shift points are hit or miss?

Here is a run down of the setup: Yank 4400 stall,4.10s,275/50/15 DR's.

We have been fighting shift point problems forever and i have given up,need help please!

With the old motor we thought we finally got the shift points down before it blew up. We had it shifting solid at 6800 rpms with the big cam,so after we put the new shortblock in we left the shift points alone because the new cam was similar in shift points.

Last night i go to the track and prepare to launch and blow the tires off. As im spinning the car shifts fine to it's shift point or a tad lower then it goes to 2nd gear then seems to skip 2nd and go to 3rd and bog it's *** off over an 1/8th mile. After it goes forever trying to pull the RPM's back up it will shift back to 2nd go WOT to 6800 rpms then shift out to 3rd and run on out through the traps???? If the car hooks it will shift perfect but if you spin you will upshift then down shift. My buddy had the HP tuner with him so i was helpless to log runs so i tried manually shifting it and it work better but i was short shifting to keep it off the rev limiter since the tach is so slow.

What is going on and why does it bog so badly when it spins? It's like it goes from 1st-2nd then bogs-goes to 3rd then down shifts back to 2nd,shift at 6800 into 3rd. There is something going on that were not getting on the shift points does anyone have the tables similar to my setup so we can take a look at?

Quick Reply: HP tuners WOT shift points are hit or miss?