PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code p0327, bad knock sensor???

Old 06-12-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Code p0327, bad knock sensor???

SES light came on while sitting at a stop light. Got it scanned for free at Autozone, code P0327. Knock sensor 1 low input. Car still runs great, no drop in power or strange noises like detonation.

This means a bad knock sensor correct??? I am assuming that it does not mean that the knock sensor is detecting detonation, correct?? If I had detonation, wouldn't both knock sensors be throwing a code??

Will I be okay driving around for two days with the light on before I have chance to get it fixed?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same code came up on my friends car, yes it was a bad knock sensor. Not saying it is the case for you but chances are thats it.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok to drive
if you change, build " the dam" around the sensors and do not pinch the wires, do not break the oil press switch, be sure and reconnect all the vac lines on back of intake or your AC will not switch to all outlets, if fome is still under the intake remove it ,, I change both sensors as well as the horness for sensors, how ever not wanting to worry you, I have had this problem for last 2 years, I have changed both kr sensors and wireing horness 3 times checked pins on PCM ,did all checks suggest by gm and still have problem, comes back after 3-6 driving cycles

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Code p0327, bad knock sensor???