Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Traction Control Issue

Been messing with a car for a guy who's put a magic stick in and some headers and what not. The car's traction control system has been going crazy and throwing codes CO240 (this code can't be turned off cause it doesn't exist in the ls1 edit section of editable codes) and PO121. I'm assuming these codes (C0240 and PO121 are related). I've turned off (or turned off the SES indicator) for code PO121 which is an editable code, will that cause code CO240 to go away or do I have to go into the rationality test for PO121 and set the minimum map kPa value to 0 and maximum kPa value to 100 as done in the link i've posted below? Apparently this is a very very rare problem that only comes up with a few cars according to some tuners that the guy who's owned this car has spoken with. thanks.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
Been messing with a car for a guy who's put a magic stick in and some headers and what not. The car's traction control system has been going crazy and throwing codes CO240 (this code can't be turned off cause it doesn't exist in the ls1 edit section of editable codes) and PO121. I'm assuming these codes (C0240 and PO121 are related). I've turned off (or turned off the SES indicator) for code PO121 which is an editable code, will that cause code CO240 to go away or do I have to go into the rationality test for PO121 and set the minimum map kPa value to 0 and maximum kPa value to 100 as done in the link i've posted below? Apparently this is a very very rare problem that only comes up with a few cars according to some tuners that the guy who's owned this car has spoken with. thanks.

If you are seeint P0121 then you need to change the values for the test. This is a TPS performance code and will send the computer/TC haywire. In efilive the table is indexed by rpm and the computer expects to see a certain rpm for a certain TPS. I put 0's in the 400,800 and 1200 colums and this usually gets rid of the code. Turning off the SES light didnt work for me as the TCM would still wig out
Old 06-21-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
If you are seeint P0121 then you need to change the values for the test. This is a TPS performance code and will send the computer/TC haywire. In efilive the table is indexed by rpm and the computer expects to see a certain rpm for a certain TPS. I put 0's in the 400,800 and 1200 colums and this usually gets rid of the code. Turning off the SES light didnt work for me as the TCM would still wig out
Ahh, good stuff. In edit there is only a min and max value which needs to be changes as referenced above so it sounds like this is the fix for this problem then (that is to bump up the max value and drop the min value).

Quick Reply: Traction Control Issue