PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2 tuning world. Couple of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:43 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default New 2 tuning world. Couple of questions.

Making the jump in tuning myself for the 1st time. Own a 93 LT1, 388, 8.8:1cr, F1 Procharger, 20-24psi, FAST XFI bank to bank, SD mode. I've got their video for basic tuning info but I've searched here as well as on other boards in terms of which direction to go. My problem is OL or CL? Which is the best way and the easiest for a beginner? I'll be using 2 wide bands 1 from FAST and the other a LC-1.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To tune properly you need a sound OL tune first. You can then enable CL if you want to. You will likely be best off with a SD 2Bar tune for FI.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:07 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Thanks ringram. I just trying to understand as to why it's recommended to go OL 1st but I think I understand now. I'm running a TTA 3 bar by the way and base tune from TJ Lacy. I'll see how it goes in a few days.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd run CL if it works. OL i keep for 'special occasions' as in obnoxiously large cams. FI setups usually have fairly sane cams so it could work. it's nice to have some extra feedback, unless the feedback is junk. only then i'd go OL and ignore the false conditions reported by stupid sensors.

but yea, if you got a standalone, then go SD, and just slowly start creating your VE table. remember condidtions change quickly in FI, so watch when the boost hits and adjust all the PE/timing accordingly.

what are you running for fuel setup?
Old 07-01-2006, 07:28 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Fuel setup is Fuelab regulator and filter, dual walbro 340 w/ hobb switch from Lonnie's, parallel -8 feed -6 return. Cam is a pretty decent size cam so I'll just have to see.

Thanks for the info.