Sponsored by:

HPT Custom OS MAF vs SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPT Custom OS MAF vs SD

Hi

I so going to update to HPT 2.1.12 and try the real time stuff. To do that I need there custom OS. They have two. One is for MAF and one for SD. I think that in the SD one the MAF works if it is pulged in. What is the differance in them? Which one do i need if I will do SD tune but run a MAF?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need more info, whats your setup? Do you plan on running the MAF? ect, ect.

You can leave the Maf pluged up and set the fail frequency to 0 and still be in SD
Old 07-05-2006, 11:32 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

teh MAF still works on all of the OS's
it just enables full functionalality for SD...things like you are normally stuck in th esecondary VE and the low octane tabe in SD are fixed and you get to use the Primary ve and high octane normaly again with the 1/2/3 bar SD
the MAF enhancement enables RTT for standard OS's
all of the 1/2/3 bar SD enhancements also enable RTT

I personally lean towards using the 1 bar SD OS in both cases...but with the MAF enhancement you get the MAF table in RTT and with SD enhancements you dont get the MAF as its not expected to be used...

in your case I think you would be ok with either one...
Old 07-05-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

I've just noticed that with the newest version I now have an extra option under the OS section called 1 Bar MAF - Enhanced.
What kind of difference does that provide vs. using the stock tune w/ the MAF enabled?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

read the help files. it adds rtt (real time tuning)
Old 07-05-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zick
I've just noticed that with the newest version I now have an extra option under the OS section called 1 Bar MAF - Enhanced.
What kind of difference does that provide vs. using the stock tune w/ the MAF enabled?
That will customize the OS to add real-time tuning support with a MAF configuration.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TimZ28
That will customize the OS to add real-time tuning support with a MAF configuration.
Is that something we should get free or have to pay for because mine shows Unlicensed next to it and from what I read that means it won't work until I pay for it.

Right now I already have the 1 Bar SD
Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

read the threads that talk about the new release. all your questions will be answered
Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
read the threads that talk about the new release. all your questions will be answered
I already have pal, and no it didn't answer my questions. Why do you think I'm asking them.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have 1 bar SD enhanced right now when RTT becomes available to you it will be a free upgrade

maf enhanced is a completely different OS & uses the MAF whereas the one your running right now doesnt...so being completely different it will have a cost attached to it.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by foff667
if you have 1 bar SD enhanced right now when RTT becomes available to you it will be a free upgrade

maf enhanced is a completely different OS & uses the MAF whereas the one your running right now doesnt...so being completely different it will have a cost attached to it.
Thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

no problem
Old 07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zick
I already have pal, and no it didn't answer my questions. Why do you think I'm asking them.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6697

post 32 by keith@hptuners

Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
Yea, so many people get RTT for free since they already have VCM Enhancement licenses.

The only kicker is if we haven't added RTT to your OS/Enhancement yet, you have to wait. :

you should calm down. i was just trying to help.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6697

post 32 by keith@hptuners

you should calm down. i was just trying to help.
The reason I'm getting pissed is because of people like you who obviously know the answers, but all you kept saying is read this, read that. It's just as bad as people who love to post "use the search"
Is it so hard to just tell me the answer or at least link to the post that has the answer?
Its really a PITA to dig through 5+ pages to find a single answer.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the thing is when i have a question i start researching. then i research more. i try to follow important posts. i am not trying to be like a SEARCH BUTTON guy, but all your question could have been answered by reading their release threads. i dont like when people ask question when they can look them up so easily. im not saying you dont research but both your questions were covered quite directly in their releaase threads. well it is a PITA to read i dont like to either but you have to learn by reading on the internet. have a good day. see ya
Old 07-05-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Scott
Old 07-05-2006, 03:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

part of the reason people say "use the search button" is because they dont want a bunch of lazy *** people posting the same question or questions that have been already answered...

there is also a HpTuners Forum you could have went to and asked on...

or umpteen other forums who want to know teh same questions as well....

getting pissed is not the way to do things....

if you ask teh right questions you get the right answers...being vague or asking what something is without more personal situation details is hard to answer correctly....

hell...signatures are your way to tel everybody whats going on with you and yoru car....use it...then we can atleast see what you have an answer in a timely manner...

The reason I'm getting pissed is because of people like you who obviously know the answers, but all you kept saying is read this, read that. It's just as bad as people who love to post "use the search"
Is it so hard to just tell me the answer or at least link to the post that has the answer?
Its really a PITA to dig through 5+ pages to find a single answer.
quit being so dam lazy

I'll gladly answer questions...but if you are going to give up if you dont find it as the first thread that pops up...then you need to calm down and wait and be more patient

sorry for the rant
Old 07-05-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

damm skippy
Old 07-05-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by soundengineer
part of the reason people say "use the search button" is because they dont want a bunch of lazy *** people posting the same question or questions that have been already answered...

there is also a HpTuners Forum you could have went to and asked on...

or umpteen other forums who want to know teh same questions as well....

getting pissed is not the way to do things....

if you ask teh right questions you get the right answers...being vague or asking what something is without more personal situation details is hard to answer correctly....

hell...signatures are your way to tel everybody whats going on with you and yoru car....use it...then we can atleast see what you have an answer in a timely manner...

quit being so dam lazy

I'll gladly answer questions...but if you are going to give up if you dont find it as the first thread that pops up...then you need to calm down and wait and be more patient

sorry for the rant
Questions are the reason these forums are here. Of course questions are going to be asked more than one time because sometimes finding the answers are not as easy as clicking on the first thread and finding it. Sometimes people don't have time to search through thousands of posts to find a simple answer.
People need to relax when they see a question being ask more than one time.

First off, I did search and didn't find my answer. I don't make it a habit of posting questions before looking.

Second, I already email HPTuners support and have not gotten a response.
How would asking this question on HP forums help any different than here. Would I have not gotten yelled at over there?

Third, please explain how I am being vague on my questions. I am asking them in the best way I can. Sorry I cannot explain things in better detail.

As for the signature, try looking up a few posts and you'll see that it is on. 99% of the time I leave it on unless I post more than a few times on one page because all it does is cludder things up. Also, my signature has nothing in it that would have helped answer my question any better. If it did, I would have left it on.

Lets just leave this be as I do not wish to fight about something as stupid as this.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Aight, both questions have been answered and this thread is obviously going nowhere good, fast.

Quick Reply: HPT Custom OS MAF vs SD